Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox + 2 Games + Live for €99 with Eircom

• 11-11-2003 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

At the RDS and they were doing a good deal on the xboxes - show over so I wont torment you.
    But they did say a similar was on offer in Eircom Shops.

With a subscription to Eircom IStream DSL

XBox with controller
    2 Games - Halo and Midtown Madness 2
    2 Months Live subscription (no headset)
    For 99 euros.

And you still get Free modem, connection and first month free.
    55 ish every month after that.

I tried to signup - but as I have a month to run on my Netsource contract - they wouldnt let me.

Dont know when offer ends - but its before Christmas.

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Rang eircom broadbandd about this:

"do you have an offer with an xbox?"

Biddy: "we have 2 offers.. 1 self install... yadda yadd"

ME: "Which offer has an xbox?"

Biddy: " our 2nd offer is engineer install yadda yadda.."

ME: "And do you have an offer with an Xbox free ?"

Biddy: "well we also have highspeed (ISDN).. yadda yadda"

Me: "and which offer has the xbox?"

Biddy: "Have you checked out our flatrate offers..?"

Me: "I have, I'm with UTV , cheaper.."

Biddy: "well they offer 25 hrs...."

Me: "goodbye.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

has anyone got a link for more info on this?

RC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by disco_rob_funk
    has anyone got a link for more info on this?

RC

I have the flier from the RDS.
    The person at the stand wrote Banch on it (There is an Eircell Shop in Blanchardstown sc) and said I could get it there.
    I'll drop in tomorrow morning and see what I can find out.
    It was only 79 euros for the XBox at the rds - but
    They wouldnt let me sign up because my line was failing on their pc database. Probably because it already has dsl installed.

Does anyone know if the dsl line is actually disconnected when a dsl contract tereminates or do they just remove your username and password. It would be nice if I just got a new username and password and not have to be 4 weeks offline when I switch from NS to Eircom.

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

There are no more "Eircom" stores. They are now "3G". But you can still get Eircom handsets, line subscription, DSL subscription, bill-payment services there...

Anyway, the current XBox/DSL deal in the 3G stores is:

When you sign-up for Eircom iStream, you get an XBox PLUS a Playstation 2 for €99. XBox live and it's PS2 equivalent (won't be here until next year, unfortunately) are both included. I think it's only available until the end of the year, not too sure; theres posters in the 3G Store (one on Henry St, one beside the Gaiety) with more info.

If only I hadn't got DSL last year... :(

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
    There are no more "Eircom" stores. They are now "3G". But you can still get Eircom handsets, line subscription, DSL subscription, bill-payment services there...

Anyway, the current XBox/DSL deal in the 3G stores is:

When you sign-up for Eircom iStream, you get an XBox PLUS a Playstation 2 for €99. XBox live and it's PS2 equivalent (won't be here until next year, unfortunately) are both included. I think it's only available until the end of the year, not too sure; theres posters in the 3G Store (one on Henry St, one beside the Gaiety) with more info.

If only I hadn't got DSL last year... :(

My leaflet says - its an XBox OR a PS2.

There are 2 games with the XBox and No Games with the PS2.
    Only 2 months XBox Live subscription - and you dont get the dinky headset.

The Blanch store I was in was sold out of XBoxes and only had a few PS2's left-
    but were expecting some more. maybe.

I couldnt get one - because although I've cancelled my Netsource subs,
    they wont let me subscribe until Netsource have released my line - so
    that means I'll probably be a month without internet while the switch happens.

Netsource has really gone to the dogs now... But thats for another forum.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

never informed of such a deal, can you get this xbox even though you already have eircom dsl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

xbox prices are going very low now-200new with 3 games so its not really that much of a saving-especially wen u sign a contract to a 4 gig cap with eircom bb!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

good news lads:
    in front of me i have the gamestop magazine - gamesworld's new name..
    anyway

PLUS...
    wait for it...
    until Dec 31st:
    • X-box
    • X-box live starter kit
    • Halo
    • Amped
    • hitman 2
    • Midtown Madness 3
    all for €99.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://www.eircom.ie

Its linked off from there

Originally posted by bazH
    http://www.eircom.ie

Its linked off from there

I'm currently using an Eircom account (a never used work one) on my
    Netsource line - (until I can get my own Eircom account)

And I have to admit that Eircom is the best of the dsl pile that I've tried.

Yes its limited - but if you can live with that...
    - The pings are great - this make everything so much more snappy and instant
    eg. Remote Desktop is really usable. Games are good.
    - You cannot edit any Eircom or indigo web sites you might have set up if you are not using an eircom dsl.
    - You cannot use the newsserver and you get only limited access to their mail server(read is ok - but sending is limited - get errors if you try to send to hotmail etc).

But make sure you give them some stick - keep reminding them that others are offering double download limits.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 pfinch

The Henry Street Store are also doing the iPod 10 Gig for €149 with an iStream starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Yeah, 3G have two new offers if you sign up for DSL (either starter/self-starter option) before Christmas Eve:

Apple iPod 10GB - €149 (r.r.p €349)
    XBox plus Starter Kit (2 months), Halo,
    and Midtown Madness 3 - €79 (r.r.p €209)

You need either a Passport/Driver's Licence for I.D., and an Eircom Utility Bill (front page).

Worth it for the iPod, but better off getting the Gamestop deal, €20 extra for Amped/Hitman 2, thank you please! :)

Originally posted by Magic Monkey
    Yeah, 3G have two new offers if you sign up for DSL (either starter/self-starter option) before Christmas Eve:

Apple iPod 10GB - €149 (r.r.p €349)
    XBox plus Starter Kit (2 months), Halo,
    and Midtown Madness 3 - €79 (r.r.p €209)

You need either a Passport/Driver's Licence for I.D., and an Eircom Utility Bill (front page).

Worth it for the iPod, but better off getting the Gamestop deal, €20 extra for Amped/Hitman 2, thank you please! :)

I got my XBox via the offer on Friday from 3g.
    They changed the offer again.

Currently you get for 80 Euros the Two games plus a 2 month trial of live plus the full 12 month Live with headphone/microphone.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Originally posted by ozmo
    I got my XBox via the offer on Friday from 3g.
    They changed the offer again.

Currently you get for 80 Euros the Two games plus a 2 month trial of live plus the full 12 month Live with headphone/microphone.
    whats the story with the live, i thought u got 12months free with the pack, but u say a 2month trial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Originally posted by commited
    whats the story with the live, i thought u got 12months free with the pack, but u say a 2month trial

The offer wasn't changed it was always the 12-month starter pack with communicator (the two-month trial with no communicator is included with *every* new xbox anyway). Not sure if you can combine the two to make 14-months i didn't bother just signed on with the 12-month code.

The Gamestop deal is better than the 3G one (which I got for €80) as for the extra €20 you get Amped and Hitman2. Grab it while you can!

Advertisement