Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop sound card. help? please?

Options
  • 11-11-2003 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

OK, I know I shoudn't have but in a fit of anti adware I accidently uninstalled my drivers for my laptop sound card. Its a sony vaio and the sound card is a sigmatel c major thingy. Anyway it would be fine and dandy had i not removed EVERYTHING. Yes it was stupid but now I can't get the sound back. Have tried downloading the drivers for the Sigmatel C Major Audio thingy but it says device not present reboot and try again. The computer keeps trying to install the soundcard but it can't cause the drivers are gone. I DON'T have the CD that came with the computer, im partially convinced there never was a CD with it but I feel I may also have thrown it out in a fit of madness (its a common thread). REally need this fixed ASAP cause of projects etc. so any help?

please?
    wheels.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Which OS ?

Cos in some OS's a partially installed driver may prevent you re-installing. So check in device manage for any device not working or with question mark..

If running 95 or 98 you can actually load the speaker driver from win 3.11 .... (not a recomendation BTW)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Roll Back to a time when there wasnt a problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

It's windows XP home edition. I've tried uninstalling them then re-installing the drivers I downloaded but nothing happens.
    Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Which OS ?

Cos in some OS's a partially installed driver may prevent you re-installing. So check in device manage for any device not working or with question mark..

If running 95 or 98 you can actually load the speaker driver from win 3.11 .... (not a recomendation BTW)

Advertisement