Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Braodband worth getting just for xbox Live?

Options
  • 11-11-2003 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about getting broadband purely for xbox live as my net usage really doesn't warrent it.
    Although I'd be glad of the extra bandwidth it's the thought of driving over shmucks in a warthog with Halo2 that really melts my butter:D

So what ya reckon(other than I get out more)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

....and yes I'm aware that Braodband technology doesn't exist. Typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

well to be honest it doesnt matter whether its worth it or not, if you want to play on x-box live you need a broadband connection simple as that

so i think your argument is a bit moot

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i think you should get it, microsoft are really behind x-box live but the only thing i would say to you is to be aware of contractual obligations, such as with iol you have to be with them for a year as far as i know and again im not too sure but i think you have to route your xbox through your pc, im sure someone is going to tell me that is wrong but anywho....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

well to be honest it doesnt matter whether its worth it or not, if you want to play on x-box live you need a broadband connection simple as that
    I think (s)he wants to know what are the costs, to know if it's worth paying them just to play with an XBox. Personally though I don't know...

Advertisement