Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQCL moved to Q.ie. Post match reports here (NT)

Options
  • 11-11-2003 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

its fair to say that quake is turly well dead right now. no more hoping for broadband to save the irish quake sence now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think its fair to say quake is at its most active now more so that it has been in the last 18 month. jump over to www.quake.ie, new posts every day. More active players than i have seen in ages. Theres a clanbase 1v1 tournie starting soon, where we have around 13 signups and id consider that a poor turnout, so there you go - 2004 is gonna be great for irish quake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Originally posted by #MEAT#
    its fair to say that quake is turly well dead right now. no more hoping for broadband to save the irish quake sence now.....

And your reason behind that statement is ?????????:rolleyes:

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

hahaha, you listened to meat.

I feel so dirty :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SantaClaws

Quake is Really Popular Now, Even Quake 1 2 and Oviosly 3 but i heard Quake 4 is in the making?

Quake = Good
    Half-Life = Exelent
    Wolfenstein = Great
    THUG = Best Racing Game Yet!

muppet.jpg

the word gobshite springs to mind

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

it takes time and skill to pull out a gathering card Bio. I did took a look at quake.ie and it looks like its getting there stuff togeter now but it won't be nearly as big as CS and thats the Truth.

when I pulled the card, it was for SantaClaws, not you. But if you feel left out, you can include yourself. Feel better now ?

Stop trolling - we are all well aware of how well CS is doing (take the recent events at CyberXgames, for example), but this, in case you haven't noticed, is the quake board, for discussion of all things related to quake. strangely enough, there is a Counterstrike board which caters for that community. Maybe your comments would be better suited there.

And so what if it never gets as big as CS ? There is a growing community of people here in Ireland who enjoy playing quake - isn't that all that should be necessary to create a thriving scene ?

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

well put

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Originally posted by Carl33to
    well put

What that man said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I dunno, I've been playing qw 2-3 hours daily for the past 3 or 4 months now, theere are many l33t regulars, mixu, Vinnit and Nexus spring to mind (they all seem to be in the GT clan, how strange.....), but, strangely enough, I havent come across one other newbie since I begun playing quake "properly", it isn't dead, but when you can just pick up a game like cs and be able to kill good people in a matter of hours, no-one seems to want to take the time to learn a game properly, like you have to do with qw. This coming quake lan looks promising though.

Que

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Quake "noobs" are usually of higher standard than CS noobs. "'#MEAT#" is a tool , what the fuck does he know. The reasons people don't play as much Quake is because it's harder to get into than the very easy CS.

I've been playing CS 4 weeks now, and I know nearly every shot, can kill people from any distance, know all the weapons!

Quake, I'm still learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

He speaks the truth, I've been playin cs for a few days, I went into Clan (a net/games café) and absolutely owned everyone in there, even though some of them had been playing for years, whereas in qw I'm still an utter noob. I also noticed that qw/q3 wasn't installed on these comps, maybe if more people had access to qw then more people would play it.

Advertisement