Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heehee found it at last

Options
  • 11-11-2003 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Some time ago while watching the Blizzard of Oz he played a clip from Star Trek the original series in which Spock commented on the "Irish Unification of 2024", in relation to terriorism working, it was banned by the BBC and i couldn't find any reference to it online. However while watching The Next Generation yesterday, Data made the same quote, thought it amusing :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

To be ultra nerdy, wasn't it the episode "The Higher Ground"? And Crusher got sympathetic with terrorists who paralleled the terrorists in our beloved isle?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sweet! :)

Its nice, cos it's true :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by ixoy
    To be ultra nerdy, wasn't it the episode "The Higher Ground"? And Crusher got sympathetic with terrorists who paralleled the terrorists in our beloved isle?
    yup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That's quite interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

About 20 years from now, then.

Will people be celebrating Irish Unification then, whatever the situation will be? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Would Data get it wrong?:)

On the topic of Irish-related stuff in Star Trek, that episode where they beam up a bunch of red-haired, whiskey-drinking Irish ppl (can't remember the title, or maybe my brain refuses to store it) was one of the most cringe-inducing episodes ever.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by simu
    Would Data get it wrong?:)

On the topic of Irish-related stuff in Star Trek, that episode where they beam up a bunch of red-haired, whiskey-drinking Irish ppl (can't remember the title, or maybe my brain refuses to store it) was one of the most cringe-inducing episodes ever.

"Up the Long Ladder" I believe. I've never hated American TV so much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

you will also spot the comment if you were a collector of the Star Trek Magazine Collection, the one with 3+ Binders of all Star Trek Timeline. One such event is that very unification of Ireland.

We will have that when pigs get warp drive :D

Advertisement