Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Server security log

Options
  • 11-11-2003 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    i am wondering where i can look up on a windows 2000 server machine to see where people have logged in and out.

I have an account that was block(i presume cos someone kept getting the wrong password) and i want to see what IP it was from and so forth....

Thanks

toil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Hankster

Surely this should already all be in your security log, provided you have auditing enabled that is.

You should then see a Type "Failure Audit" if someone didn't log on correctly, tried to change permsission or something similar without the sufficient rights. Try using the filter option on your event log and just have all the "Failure Audit" events showing.

To enable auditing, try the methods in this here article.

Sorry, I'm a wee bit rusty on all of this.

Advertisement