Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you have to pay the tax for the parts from outside cnrty?

• 11-11-2003 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

i want to order a hard drive from www.4allmemory.com (anyone ordered from them before?), what i was interested in was, that if i pay 250 for a hard drive and it arrives to Ireland do i have to pay tax for it? i know you have to pay for laptops and pcs, but i don't know if for parts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

If you order from the USA and it is delivered by one of the couriers you will have to pay VAT plus an administration fee (€9 with most of them AFAIK) ... if it shipped by USPS you might get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

if it shipped from inside the EU then you do not have to pay tax... otherwise you probably will get caught (dont know about the UPS thing), it depends on whether your courrier declares imports etc... if you get the package marked as "Gift" then you will only have to pay tax if its value is over some threshold (i dont know what the max value is though... sorry)
    Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i'm pretty sure they'll tax me for a HDD, so better to order from Komplett

thanks for info btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by l337
    otherwise you probably will get caught (dont know about the UPS thing), it depends on whether your courrier declares imports etc.
    Its United States Postal Service I was talking about, if the package is under a certain weight and/or size the item may be delivered to you by an post (I had a few small items arrive like this, wireless pccard, compact flash card etc) and they couldnt be arsed collecting taxes most of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

apologies... i read it wrong

• Advertisement
Advertisement