Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraiser For Concern. Please Support!

Options
  • 11-11-2003 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

This Thursday @ the Boom Boom Room.
    A "Double your Pleasure" event see's 2 great new Jazz combo's perform.
    "Cellar Door" & "The Matt Berrill Quintet".
    All the proceeds of the gig are going to Concern so we really need your support!

Both outfits are at the core of the current new wave of Irish Jazz & provide a fresh approach to the idiom. They comprise mainly of final year students from the musical hotbed that is the Newpark Music Centre.
    "Cellar Door" rework rock & pop songs within the Jazz idiom while The Matt Berrill Quintet will provide a wide selection of Standards focusing on bebop era pieces.
    It's sure to be a great night and even if your only curious about Jazz, this will be a great way to get aquainted!
    Admission is €6 on the Door.
    •••€5 if you mention "PHANTOM FM"
    at the door!•••

The Boom Boom Room is located just off the top of O'Connell St at:
    70 Parnell St
    Dublin 1.
    (Above Patrick Conway's Pub)
    Doors: 8.30 sharp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cirql8

Hey, can you let me know who are the musicians playing in the bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I don't like the fact that Concern spend half of the money they get on bad advertising and paying comision to people that harass me on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

I also have a problem with Concern. I recall speaking to Water Geologist about all the problems he encounterd around the world which had been caused by Concern.

They are renowned for going to small villages. Spending lots of money digging wells and supplying fresh water for the surrounding area.

All well and good you might say.

Not so. They never take into consideration that nearly all of these Villages are tribal and might not necessarily get on with each other (to say the least). As a result each group will presume that another group is responsible for the maintenance of the well.

The well falls into disrepair. The water becomes foul. Back to square one, everyone is ill due to a poor water supply.

Advertisement