Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Webmail

Options
  • 11-11-2003 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

I am looking to upgrade my current webmail client and was wondering what is your favourite webmail system, im using horde at the minute which is performing fine but i dont like its lack of features.

I also use squirrelmail on a different server which has around 3000 emails in it but it doesnt perform at all. - Im not sure of the spec of this server its a college comp soc machine.

Im open to Commercial / GNU / Windows / Linux options

Any recomendations on what to go for.

was looking at hivemail.com and atmail.com anybody have any experience with these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We use Squirrel on all our shared hosting accounts without any serious problems :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ditto Squirrelmail, I have three users that use it permanently, instead of a local client and they get a LOT of mail. Hivemail is pretty good but remember that it's not a POP or IMAP client, it uses a catch-all that pipes mail into a database. This is perfect for webmail alongside a site but useless for real users (unless they're not bothered about POP/IMAP access).

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

Ill set up Squirrelmail so, seems to be one of the best around.

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

What version of PHP are ye using the release notes state PHP 4.3.x may cause issues as it hasnt been tested fully.

Is this what you are using?
    Have you had any problems with this version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I use Squirrel Mail also I find it excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I used to use TWIG (http://twig.screwdriver.net) and found it excellent, but it hasn't been developed for nearly a year. Horde is nice but it feels a bit bloated for me. Hivemail has a really great interface that feels very intuitive, but like dahamsta says, it won't work with an IMAP server (I think it does work with a POP server, although it may not leave the mail on the server). I use squirrelmail at the moment and don't have any problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

We use squirrelmail here (ittralee.ie) w/o any probs too. The new version is nice too :)

Advertisement