Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Breen

• 11-11-2003 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭

Wasn't it said sometime that no one ever saw what a breen looked like without those hat/mask/helmet things they wear? I can't remember where or when I heard this, but I was pretty sure it was true. But then I started thinking... (always a bad idea) in two different episodes of DS9, Kira disguises herself as a Breen presumably by knocking one out and taking his uniform... Surely she would have looked at his rather oddly shapped head...?

So is this just something that they messed up on, or did I imagine up the bit about no one knowing what they look like? I think of this every time I hear the mention of a Breen. Starting to annoy me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm pretty sure i saw one or two of the breen de masked on ds9 at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

THe breen homeworld is a frozen wasteland, they wear the suits when off world to maintain their body temperature, I don't recall anyone mentioning them not being seen without thier protective suits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i recall something along those lines comments on no one knows what they look like under there suits. is it possible that kira replicated the breen suit in those episodes?

if not i'm sure she has seen one, so who ever made the comment could have been exaggerating meaning very little people have seen them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    is it possible that kira replicated the breen suit in those episodes?
    Suppose they might have had access to Breen suits when they were on Cardasia (Sp?) with Damar, but the other time was when herself and Gul Dukat went to find a missing ship that crash landed on some planet or other. They would have had to have gotten them from a Breen that time...

i was thinking about this also when you said it and i think one of the comments on what they look like under there suits may have come from weyoun in conversation with a founder this might indicate that the founders have no idea what they look like under the suits, not sure about the federation

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i was thinking about this also when you said it and i think one of the comments on what they look like under there suits may have come from weyoun in conversation with a founder this might indicate that the founders have no idea what they look like under the suits, not sure about the federation
    Yeah, that's a possibility alright. Would account for both.

Although I keep thinking back to an episode of DS9 close to the start of the War when Bashir, Worf and Garik were in a Dominion prison. There was a Breen in the cell with them, as they hadn't joined the Dominion yet. Anyway I have the idea it was in that episode that it was said. I'm gonna have to keep my ears open from now on...

it probably was that episode thats the one where garak admits his claustrophobia, worf is fitting the klingons and general martok is imprisoned.

i should have it upstairs somewhere if you really want me to check it out:)

i think the statement would still be valid though as that episode iirc came before the ones with kira dressing up as a breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

id like too see what they look like under the mask maybe they look like darth vader or a gremlin,

Hmm u should see if anyone can get a pic!:D

And why do they where masks ? and suits

Originally posted by azezil
    THe breen homeworld is a frozen wasteland, they wear the suits when off world to maintain their body temperature, I don't recall anyone mentioning them not being seen without thier protective suits?

what he said

I'm sure I'll see that episode again sometime anyway...

Sky should really show some DS9 instead of repeating the same Voyager episodes again and again...

• Advertisement

yes your damn right season 4 of ds9 on is just quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by azezil

That's not true .....The breen's home world is like all class M world's however the breen live around the pole's... no one really know's why they wear the suit's it could be because they dont like the warmed of anykind or it could be because they Just dont want anyone seeing them much like the romulan's dureing the early year's of their empire

and that's all cannon my friend's DS9 from weyoun :D

howdy bizmark long time no see welcome back :)

Thank's m8 :)

good well now that your here check out my thread on the broadband forum i wanna get some :)

:confused: cant find it

lol thats cause i'm a muppet and put it in after hours

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1220438#post1220438

i replyed

basicly get Iol Radsl if you can

thanking you, more questions as usual

replyed again

Btw the post was moved to the broadband forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

blatant spam

yeah i suppose it is i'll get onto the mod

Lmao :D

Oh my! Look what's happened to my beautiful thread! Oh well...

I was looking through an old tape the other day and guess what I stumbled across? The episode is called "Til Death do us Part". Ezri and Worf are in a Dominion jail cell. Conversation went like this for anyone who's interested...

Ezri: I wonder what the Breen look like under those helmets...

Worf: They say no one has ever seen one, and lived to speak of it.

Ezri: Maybe they're all furry. It's supposed to be very cold on Breen.

Then they go off on a tangent about their cooking and how dangerous they are. So I suppose it could have been a bit of an exageration by Worf. Guess we'll never really know...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

"The breen's home world is like all class M world's however the breen live around the pole's... and that's all canon my friend's DS9 from weyoun"

Given the character of Weyoun, one should take anything he said with a pinch of salt. Also, at one stage Cisko refers to somebody going to the Breen for refrigeration facilities "If anybody knows how to keep something cold it's the Breen".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

ilkhanid wrote: »
    "The breen's home world is like all class M world's however the breen live around the pole's... and that's all canon my friend's DS9 from weyoun"

Given the character of Weyoun, one should take anything he said with a pinch of salt. Also, at one stage Cisko refers to somebody going to the Breen for refrigeration facilities "If anybody knows how to keep something cold it's the Breen".

Jesus christ... pulling up a dead thread much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I just want to know why Lucas never sued!

b_breen.jpg
    Breen

Boushh.jpg
    Bounty Hunter Leia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well in ds9 when ducat is sceeming against another cardassian office he threatens to send him to the cardassian embesy on breen (because cardassian love the heat)
    and also as mentioned above, it was a interesting idea that noone had seen a breen but it is simply not true because as pointed out kira and ducat must have seen one when they took the suits and as well as then the dominion would have examined the breen in interment camp 371

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

User45701 wrote: »
    Well in ds9 when ducat is sceeming against another cardassian office he threatens to send him to the cardassian embesy on breen (because cardassian love the heat)
    and also as mentioned above, it was a interesting idea that noone had seen a breen but it is simply not true because as pointed out kira and ducat must have seen one when they took the suits and as well as then the dominion would have examined the breen in interment camp 371

They may have been talking more for a viewer perspective - a breen has never been seen on screen without the suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

does that mean they made a episode with the breen and any viewers who watched it didnt live to post/talk about it?

Advertisement