Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest F*ck Up In English Football

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

Look at the state of Liverpool, Blackburn, Newcastle and Celtic when Sue left them? It that wasn't a multiple F**k up then nothing was.

As for the reaction of the Liverpool supporters? A constant source of amusement. Thanks lads.

A Uefa Cup, 2 League Cups, Champions League participation, A second place finish in the Prem

For a "top" team that roll of honour would simply not be good enough. It seems, though, in the eyes of Liverpool supporters, that is what is classified as success.

How the mighty have fallen. I'll bet most Pool supporters aren't old enough to remember them actually winning something of significance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'm not a Liverpool supporter. As Hobart said, the man has won Liverpool some trophies, improved their league finishes until last year, and generally improved them since the abysmal Evans years.

I'm guessing you're the sort of Man U-supporting retard who just has to name the current Liverpool or Arsenal manager whenever something like this comes up :rolleyes:

PLus, pray tell how Dalglish 'messed up' Blackburn by guiding them to their first league title in 70-something years?

He left a club in complete disarray. They had a bunch of overpaid primadonnas who disappeared to the four winds as soon as things got tough and promptly disappeared down the league, eventually ending up in the Nationwide league.

He did what Raneiri is doing now, paid huge money for a team to win the league. In his case, it all fell apart.

Look at the mess that Souness inherited at Liverpool? Pool still have not recovered from the damaged inflicted by Sue.

As for me being a retard? Who around here is qualified to say? Not 2_sh1ts_jackson anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter
    For a "top" team that roll of honour would simply not be good enough. It seems, though, in the eyes of Liverpool supporters, that is what is classified as success.

How the mighty have fallen. I'll bet most Pool supporters aren't old enough to remember them actually winning something of significance.

It pains me as a Liverpool supporter to say this but Liverpool are no longer a top team. Ten years ago it would have been laughable to suggest a top four finish was "Ambition" for the 'Pool, even under Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Unfortunately milltown is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Liverpool are still a top team and for Liverpool supporters to say any different is shameful. They've had serious consistancy problems and have not played attacking football for a few seasons but they are turning it round and if players like Kewell or Rivaldo are interested in playing for Liverpool over supposed bigger clubs then it shows how much of a pedigree they still have.... Just because they are not winning the league every year does not mean they've hit rock bottom and there is no way back , have a little faith and be optamistic for gods sake ... its not all bad theres some negatives but there are still a lot of positives ... SUPPORT the team ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

i do support the team. i went to three games this season and have watched all their games on tv but i've been optimistic ever since houllier took over and after 5 years of chanting gerard houllier and thinking next year we'll put up a consistent challenge for the premiership it has become a bit depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Rodney, it's a shame that I can't put you on my ignore list you fncking troll. But I am just waiting until you step over the line so that I can be the one to ban you :)

BTW I am a liverpool fan, I doo see the faults of Houllier but I also know that it took AF 6 full seasons to win the league. GH hasn't been there five seasons yet, imagine if United dropped AF after five years with no success, well at least I suppose there would be alot less fairweather Man U fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

there is definitely something about liverpool fans and their perception of reality these days. Grow up fs.

Step over what line? Ban for what? This response is typical of the bilge coming from quite a number of so_called_Pool_supporters. It's patently clear they know SFA about football and their blind loyaltity to a team which looks like it will never reach the heights it once scaled.

If you really want to go back and see where Pool started to slide it was in Heysel and the resultant ban. They also had Sue in charge and we all know what legacy he left. But, there are the supporters who can dish it out but cannot take it.

The length of time Fergie took to win a competition is absolutely and utterly irrelevant to the GH situation EXCEPT to be used by his supporters to justify him being kept on.

As a Man Utd supporter I say HOULLIER MUST STAY. I think he's doing a great job.

As regards players like Kewell or Rivaldo wanting to play for Pool? Rivaldo will take any offer he gets (or rather the highest bidder) and it will be for money. Kewell showed his complete lack of ambition and willingness to hav to fight for a place when he made his summer choice. It does seem he does not like having to graft or fight for a place. Show him the money and keep his life simple.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    BTW I am a liverpool fan, I doo see the faults of Houllier but I also know that it took AF 6 full seasons to win the league. GH hasn't been there five seasons yet, imagine if United dropped AF after five years with no success, well at least I suppose there would be alot less fairweather Man U fans.
    Sorry T4TF, but the Alex Ferguson situation was alot different to Gerard Houllier's. Alex was building up a squad in those 6 years, he had to sell some players and bring more in. I think I remember him saying that they only had a squad of around 17 or so.

Gerard Houllier had plenty of players and money when he went to Liverpool and brought in loads for BIG money and alot of them didn't work out, just look at Heskey. He has produced in small doses, the biggest being the FA Cup. But he has failed to build on that.

Fergie won the League Cup, the FA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and the Super Cup. Then he went on to win the League after that. Houllier went on to finish 5th in the Premier League. But I think Houllier has done alright considering. However it's time for him to move on, because he is just going around in circles, IMO.

from www.football365.com today
    Self-Aggrandising Headline Of The Day

From the Liverpool official site...

'So Solid Crew: We're The LFC Of The Music Biz'

Does this mean that MC Igor 'Biscuit' Biscan is about to start shooting up da place?

Or that So Solid Crew are a mediocre collective with too many untalented peripheral members who talk bigger than they play?

Whatcha say ? Ban them too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Considering they did not post a message then I'd say banning them is out of the question ... you're not very clever are you ???

Is that the best you can come up with?

• Advertisement

From today's www.football365.com
    Reader's E-mail Of The Day
    'Liverpool are not a mediocre bunch of players who talk bigger than they play.

'F**k you and f**k the entire mediawatch section.'

All right, lads. Which one of you was sad enough to email the message above?

Ha, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Phil Babb sliding nuts first into the goalpost when he was playing with Liverpool

Tim Flowers against Liverpool when the ball hopped over his shoulder from a dibet he had intentionally made a few minutes early to kick the ball out....His reaction was brillant!

Advertisement