Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Radio connections

Options
  • 11-11-2003 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I recently bought a car stereo in germany, which has a weirdo connector on it - I think it's called an ISO connector (they're probably the standard connector in Germany, I dunno) . Anyway, it doesn't match the connector which is built into my car, so I am wondering - are there such things as adaptors that you can buy to make it fit?

It's not the end of the world if there aren't, as the thing can be wired in aswell, but I'd prefer to avoid that hassle if possible, mainly because I'd have to find someone who is capable of doing that, plus I'd have to translate the instructions.....

any ideas??
    Thx a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- I guess you're reffering to the black block which plugs into the stereo rear with all the power+audio lines. Aftermarket stereos are often different to manufacturers - I had a Blaupunkt with this problem. I think what you need is called a harness unit, and its cheap. Here is a UK site that sells them, it should give you a rough idea of prices. Any car stereo shop will be able to get you one (except for the Liffey Valley or Blanch morons who will act like the girl behind the counter in Intermission:p ).

http://www.incardiscount.co.uk/choosing_car_stereo.html

Hope this helps
    Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭LilyMon

Thank you Neil - that sounds exactly like what i need!!

I'll give it a go.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

What type of car are you driving?
    I might be able to get you a part number.

That'd be great!

It's a 94 Mitsubishi Colt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

The part number is

PC2-12-4

• Advertisement

Excellent! thanks for your help guys!

I'm off to order me a cable.....

Advertisement