Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NetMDs

Options
  • 11-11-2003 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Are these the only MD players that can transfer mp3s quickly?

And where would be the best place to buy one ( online or offline)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ciaranbyrne

Sony are kinda the authority on net MDs, as such I think they are the only ones. Best quality achieved by burning mp3s onto CD then recording onto your MD. They ain,t that great anyway - software is kinda junk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I bought mine last year - I use it all the time and have no complaints.

When I was shopping around, Richer Sounds were the cheapest retailer in Dublin (unfortunately they're now closed). I then checked the internet to do a price comparison and Amazon.co.uk worked out to be about €25 cheaper even including the postage cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I got mine on an ebay shop for €120, new and have had no problems except for the fact that it was a us machine and i didn't have an adaptor so run it off batteries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by savemejebus
    I got mine on an ebay shop for €120, new and have had no problems except for the fact that it was a us machine and i didn't have an adaptor so run it off batteries
    You should be able to buy a power supply for it - recording to a MD must eat batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the proper sony adapters r €29 in the sony centres, but make sure u no what voltage u need it to output to the md cos they rnt universal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

It did eat batteries when i first got it but then i got a rechargable battery kit and so far have no problems. Am well impressed with the md player though. I might take a look in the sony centre for the adaptor although i'd be more interested in the car kit adaptor but the only shop that had it near me wanted €60 for it, nuts eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭cr1spy

Is it possible to transfer music from the MiniDisc player to the PC, ie, do the reverse of what the NetMD is all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 P_Doddy

As far as I know you can't. The way the software is setup, anything you 'book in' ie download to the NetMD can be uploaded or 'booked out' of the NetMD.

If you come along with a live recording of a gig and try and get the NetMD to upload it, it will recognise that it was never 'booked in' and therefore it won't allow you to upload it.

I read somewhere that somone was a developing a similar application in open source that would remove this 'book in/book out' check.

Anybody shed any more light on this??

P

Advertisement