Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DSL Exchanges

• 11-11-2003 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

The following Exchanges were launched on 10/11/03

Nenagh (NNHC)
    Carrigaline (CGIA)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Nothing on eircom site about this yet :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Thought you were moving anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

thanks for the info the Guru do u have any idea how long it will be before dsl can be ordered from those exchanges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

I dont see anythin on the eircom site about that. I ordered my BB off esat iol and i live in carrigaline. The exchange was supposed to be upgraded ages ago. Now they ring me back last friday and tell me that their is a problem with the exchange and they their engineers and lookin into it and i might not have it b4 xmas. So i dunno what the **** is goin on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Originally posted by tuxx
    thanks for the info the Guru do u have any idea how long it will be before dsl can be ordered from those exchanges?

they can be ordered now the exchanges where upgraded yesterday the 10th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by the Guru
    The following Exchanges were launched on 10/11/03

Carrigaline (CGIA)

Well knock me down with a feather... I didnt think I'd ever see that. Not this side of Summer 2006 anyway. As Miley would say, "Well Hoooooooly Gad"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 peema

Speaking of which and sorry if this is a FAQ,
    but is there a list of exchanges which are being done in the next few months?

Thanks.

Yes but I cant post them here

what exchange are you looking for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 peema

Originally posted by the Guru
    Yes but I cant post them here

what exchange are you looking for ?

Portarlington.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Just wondering about Kill in Co.Kildare? Is there an exchange there or is it on the Naas exchange?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

any word on the Dunshaughlin exchange in Co. Meath? It was on a dsl list a few months ago but so far nothings happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Killaloe Co. Clare?

Killaloe Co. Clare? Nothing yet

Kill in Co.Kildare? Nothing yet

Portarlington. Nothing yet

Dunshaughlin - its on the list for before march next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

Hows about Clonee?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dieselfreak

Any idea when the Newlands Cross exchange will be complete ??

D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

Oranmore , Galway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Allan, Co.Kildare?

Oranmore and Newlands are both upgraded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

hows about blessington? any good nes for me there...

Should the Oranmore exchange be fully live now? Is it possible to order. Eircom show fail on all the lines I have tried so far even for people I know who live very close to the exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ok i rang up eircom to order and they said my line hasnt been tested yet, he seemed suprised at this , other lines on the same exchange have been tested is it a common mistake for them to forget to test some lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lowlands

Does anybody know how to find out to which exchange I am connected?
    Does every small town have it's own exchange?
    Nearest larger towns are Malahide and Swords, and both are enabled but my line test on Eircom site is still failing.

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Guru I keep ringing up to order and they say my exchange is not ready can you please shed some light on this.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Newlands X has NOT been launched yet.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 P_Doddy

Guru,

I'll put the cat among the pigeons ......

Is the exchange in Donegal Town enabled yet? Someone told me that they now have broadband access from it but it wasn't due to be enabled for years yet!

Could you post a list somewhere of proposed dates for installations across ireland

Much appreciated
    P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Donegal done for the last 3 months.

Regards.

If eircom have ports available in an exchange should the other resellers be able to use them? According to Eircom there is one free port in Oranmore but Iol say they do not have any DSL available from that exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 monk

Just to let you all know I was just talking to Eircom and they said that the Dunshaughlin exchange is currently being worked on and will be able to take orders in the next 1-2 weeks :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

o-m-g i hope thats so true, i live in Dunshaughlin and have been waiting for broadband since 1997!, im on ISDN atm and hope i dont get any complications because of that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 monk

I was as suprised as yourself, the "line check" on the eircom site suddenly passed my line, then I rang eircom to see what the story was and they said that they are currently in the process of upgrading the exchange and should be done in the next 1-2 weeks, that was last Friday.
    So hopefully I'll be able to get it before xmas :)

Advertisement