Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from DELL

• 11-11-2003 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Would anyone out there recommend buying a pc from dell?? The offers look good but i have a strong feeling there is a catch. Anyone?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Tbh, I'd have no problems buying from Dell if I wanted a ready made PC. If you want to overclock it though, forget it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

The desktops are good and reliable - not the absolute cutting edge but works well.

The servers are the best for the price

The laptops are not pretty and suffer from poor screens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

if u wanna be able to swap parts at a later date build it yourself. if u wanna upgrade a dell, dell usually have to do it. still, tis not a bad way to get a flat screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

There really isn't a catch. What you see is what you get. For the price they are hard to beat. Try get a 17" screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Ronika

Found them pretty good myself, no probs with them at all, they didnt even take the right amount of money out of my account. That was the best bit!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

they didnt even take the right amount of money out of my account.

screwed now ronika. they r gonna hunt u down!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

The laptops are not pretty and suffer from poor screens

WHAAA? poor screens!!!!?????????? no way man! i have Inspiron 5150 and their screens are AWESOME!

Advertisement