Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleted partition!

Options
  • 07-10-1999 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

ok so i accidently delete the partition on my zip disk!
    is there any way to recover the data?
    it was mostly text...
    is there some way i can copy the partition table from another zip disk?
    if i have to recover the data in a raw format well thats ok, but how do i do that?
    i havent written any thing to the disk since.
    any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

alright darragh!

if greg still has that linux box up, then get him to access the zip drive using "mount /dev/hdc1"

i think that works, but im not sure

this is all assuming the zip drives are still on the second ide controller as 'master', like it was when i was there

a riskier way is if you type "fdisk /dev/hdc", and create a new primary partition using up all the space, and changing type to "6"(fat16).. it might work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Emm actually didnt know that about linux not minding partitions missing, deadly smile.gif
    Darragh give it to me and i'l ltry it at home if you want. Emm dont go with the fdisk option tho smile.gif
    All linux boxes are down cept one, everything went nt (working on that now smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Lucifer 2

Did i mention i would like to recover the data on the zip disk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hell if the pr0ns that good that its worth
    recovering i'd like a copy too please smile.gif

Advertisement