Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ways to pass the line test

• 11-11-2003 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

If yur in an area that been upgraded for adsl and the neighbours around you are passing the line test, but your on isdn and failing are there any tips or tricks you can use to pass the line test, other than downgrading to 56k? I've heard something about turning off your isdn box or something and then ringing eircon up asking them to do the line test then, it might help u pass?? Is that true?

Or are there any other methods that u can use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I was failing .... but I thought it was due to the fact that i had so much stuff hanging off the phoneline .... (Sky dodgybox, modem (two sometimes), 3 phones, long extension leads) ..so I disconnected everything except one phone .... Unfortunately around this time I had line problems and so they replaced the line from the road into the house, so I dont know if this fixed it or disconnecting everything did .... but, disconnecting everything cant do any harm either:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

You can pay around €200 for the engineer installation and go straight from ISDN to ADSL. Chances are they will make it pass because if it fails they will have to put it all back and charge nothing.
    I pass since downgrading to PSTN but have a 2 week wait before getting enabled at the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

Yellabelly,

How do you get them to do this?

I am on ISDN and allways fail.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Grayarea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Check with DSL sales (1800 503 303) if you believe your line should pass.
    They offered the ISDN to DSL upgrade to me. It's not clear if you go down this route whether you miss out on the free modem and free first month.

Advertisement