Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed....

Options
  • 11-11-2003 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I attempted to install a Aero 4 on my dell dimension 2400..................Bad idea. Firstly the heatsink would not fit. Ok i dont mind...ill bring it back. But as it was my first time touching my cpu i didnt realise how flimsy it was. I applied some extra Thermal paste.......is it ok if this is a bit messy on the cpu??

I turned on the pc and it would not boot. It just was on like the fans but nothing on the screen........I switched it off straight away. Changed the direction of the old heatsink. It seams to be ok now..... Is there anything Else i should watch out 4?

Thanks Alex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's not quite clear what you have done......but anyway extra thermal paste is never a bad thing*, also you did get the P4 version of the AERO 4 right?. Sorry if this question is.....insulting since it's kinda odd for it not to fit unless you made a mistake in the socket. There should be no problems now if you have replaced everything as it was. Anyway if you do experience problems ask.....it's kinda hard to see into the future to see if you will develop problems :D

*Obviously if your comp is now swiming in thermal paste that is bad:p

Advertisement