Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi, Binoculars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

You'd be surprised how much more you will see with a pair of bino's, whether you are stargazing or fieldspotting.

as you can imagine, these binoculars will not have cutting edge optics, but will still be worth 29euro's.

the 24x magnification could make for some interesting views 1f you have a tripod or something else you could rest the binoculars on. The high magnification makes for unsteady images if you do not mount the binoculars in/on something static.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

what if you're a nosey neighbour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by parasite
    what if you're a nosey neighbour ?
    They're probably too powerful.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

As the poster posted here in astronomy, I was under the assumption that he/she was interested in looking at the stars (of the celestial persuasion).

It never occured to me that they where looking for advice on spying equipment. Having said that though, powerfull bino's are still an integral part of a stalkers "field kit"

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Thanks for the Info. My interest is purely professional I can assure you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Count666
    Thanks for the Info. My interest is purely professional I can assure you...

You're a professional peeping tom???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I would imagine that these are very poor quality binoculars. The zoom feature is usually a gimic and detracts from the quality of the optics, a fixed magification would serve better.

Binoculars with anything above magnification 12x or so, should have a bigger diameter of the objective than the 50mm the Aldi binocs have, and this kind of magnification is not necessary in astronomy unless the binocs are being used for comet searching or looking for novas.

I would recommend that if you're purchasing binocs for astronomy go for a fixed magnification pair, 10x50 is a good choice. This means a magnification factor of 10x and a diameter of 50mm on the objective lenses. You should be able to get a good quality pair for around €60 - €70.

jAH

Advertisement