Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CableLink Update

• 08-10-1999 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

mmmmmm drool mmmmm want mmmmm give now mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Only thing I'm concerned about is who Cablelink will be aiming for? The ISDN demographic (ie. pay through the nose) or Joe User. :|

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Like any typical company they'll seek to screw as much out of their customers as they can whilst spending as little as is possible on their service.

I'd reckon on the isdn demographic. I hope they arent going to hold on to this download upload limit. I mean what was it last time?, 80megs a month and then you start paying for each additional megabyte?!. I download more than that In a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

So are they going to do a two-way cable setup eventualy, or just use the phoneline for upstream forever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Update to cable link's cable modems.

They have finished their trial !
    http://www.cablelink.ie/cable_main.htm

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 muppet

sounds like a government scame to me. pay per megabyte thats just ridiculious you may as well buy the games so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yes, 2 way cable will come along, eventually.

which could be any time really. Imho this isnt worth getting unless its flat rate, and even then, it looks like a rushed solution to make a fast buck.

The fact that 2 way cable isnt going to be rolled out and they've only given a vague timescale as to when it will be smells of an extremely large and sweaty scam to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

When a high speed solution is actualy on offered to me and not just "this will be availible soon" THEN i'll get excited.

Until then I consider it all hype.

El ( Cynical ******* ) Pres

Advertisement