Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reqwireless WebViewer on Nokia 7210/7250i

• 12-11-2003 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting one of these phones as an upgrade in a few months time and am wondering if anyone has tried the Reqwireless WebViewer on either of them.

I tried it out to night on my 3410 (on Vodafone), but the phone freezes if I try to load more than one small page. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I've just given the demo a whirl on my 7250i, and it worked for the few sites I tried, 2 very graphic intense. I haven't tested JS or anything fancy like that, but cookies work and largish graphics (~50k) work.

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks cgarvey, that's good to know. :)

All I really want is a small phone that can handle very basic web access. I already have a communicator but my beloved brick is too large to carry everywhere. I'm afraid the P800/P900 is beyond my budget.

Any other phone or web browser suggestions would be welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Tried it on 3 different ones here

1. Vodafone 3410 like yourself and it didn't work great. Locked up a lot too and not hectic.

2. Nokia 7210 on O2. Worked a treat (GPRS)

3. Nokia N-Gage on O2 (Series 60) Works a dream too (GPRS)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks wolfman. Think I'm leaning towards getting the 7210.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

No problem at all. Herself said just to advise you that the 7210 can be very dull and hard to see. I had a 6610 which is the very same software etc, but just slightly different in apppearance and we both agree that the screen was WAY better on the 6610.

Just something to observe while you are out shopping around. You'll see what I mean

• Advertisement
Advertisement