Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISDN questions..

• 05-10-1999 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm finally taking the plunge and am going for an ISDN connection (yay!), the line is ordered but I'm not sure what ISP I should go for.

I know a few of you have been using ISDN for quite a while - any opinions on the various services? Tinet's prices look good, I'm currently looking at 450 inc per year for a multiuser 128kbps link (going into either an ISDN router or an old linux box with a TA & NIC - depending on my cash situation)

Is Tinet's service good? What's IOL like for ISDN? Their prices are a lot higher but is it worth it?

Thanks in advance..
    Teeth.

[This message has been edited by Dr_Teeth (edited 05-10-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Tinet is good, Indigo is good and IOL is a bit better for the UK connections but not as good for the Irish connections as the other two. Overall I found Indigo was the best, but I always had the other two accounts close at hand jus incase, so if ya can , I'd get both an Indigo and IOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

How much will it cost you (in total)?
    I might get it....
    santaport-s.jpg
    H0 H0 H0...etc

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 05-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

i found IOL to be the best for isdn, definitely as regards pings to the UK, and just generally easier to connect and all. sometimes the indigo computer faffs you around a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Am I missing something on IOL's website or do they still class ISDN as business solution? The only price on display was 100 quid setup and 720 quid per year for ISDN access - which is *a lot*.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Weeellll...... let's just say IOLs nodes have... "issues"... when it comes to discerning the difference between ISDN and modem connections.... *cough*

Ja,
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Well lads..... i applied for my line on a thursday and it arrived in the following friday.... only 8 days... how about that... then again telecom knew me as one of their best internet customers with bills of hundreds... even got a box of chocys off em for xmas, with a card smile.gif

as for the isp.... i have indigo solo...it connects ususally, but an odd day might take threee hits, using add devices i can get a 14k/sec download from that, and that really aint bad for some quick downloading.

For a standby i have an oceanfree connect, which allows access with the isdn at no extra cost, but pings suffer there with pings closer to 100 on some indigo games servers.

Buggy
    smile.gif

Advertisement