Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riyadh Bombing

Options
  • 12-11-2003 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

Speaking recently of the bombing in Riyadh, who commited this crime? Al Qaeda? Ya right (if they even exist). So if it wasn't them then who was it? America? Israel? I was recently discussing this with a few ppl and we came to the conclusion that it must be one of those two but let's see what everyone else has to say, take it away.

BTW Please NO million line posts unless abosoultely necessary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BTW Please NO million line posts unless abosoultely necessary

Good man, far too much verbage on Politics.

Al-Qaeda seems to have admitted its part...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/1111/saudi.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/11/12/saudi.explosion/

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Al Queda.

(Well he said no million word posts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

For once, I agree with Sand.

Al Q'aida doesn't exist. It's largely a PR invention, a cipher.

This makes it hard to believe that this 'organization' admitted its complicity in the bombing.

At this point I wouldn't really like to hazard a guess as to who's doing the killing but I expect the reality is a million times more complex than the US is willing to admit to themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Yeah ur right Al Qaeda doesn't exist it's made up by Bush. The story just sounds so stupid, if there is really Al Qaeda as America says there is and they're supposedely fundamentalists then why in the hell would they bomb their own holy city. Absolute bull**** from the White House as usual. And that owning up thing that one guy said above is just made up by the US.

.....is this the bit where someone says a Mossad backed suicide bomber did it? :rolleyes:

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Gangsta
    The story just sounds so stupid, if there is really Al Qaeda as America says there is and they're supposedely fundamentalists then why in the hell would they bomb their own holy city.
    which holy city is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Personally I think it was the work of pregnant Nigerian asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

is this the bit where someone says a Mossad backed suicide bomber did it?

Ill step up to the plate

A Mossad backed suicide bomber did it. Mossad killed Kennedy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

then why in the hell would they bomb their own holy city.
    Riyadh isn't the holy city, Mecca is.

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    Riyadh isn't the holy city, Mecca is.

sorry my bad, i rephrase:
    "Why in the hell would they bomb a city of their own city in their own country?"

• Advertisement

Today two bombs went off in Istanbul at least 15 dead as I write, they were almost certainly planted by Turkish Islamics. The IRA did'nt mind blowing up ppl in Norn iron dispite thier claim to be fighting for same...and so on.

Mike.

sorry my bad, i rephrase:
    "Why in the hell would they bomb a city of their own city in their own country?"
    It went on up North long enough (I know the "reasons" are/were different up there).
    I'd say it was an Al-Quaida associated group. Bin Laden openly stated that he wanted to bring down the Saudi Royal family, so bombing the cities there would be a "logical" tactic (I'm in no way condoning what happened btw) on their part.
    I really don't think the global Jewish conspiracy was behind this.

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    It went on up North long enough (I know the "reasons" are/were different up there).
    I'd say it was an Al-Quaida associated group. Bin Laden openly stated that he wanted to bring down the Saudi Royal family, so bombing the cities there would be a "logical" tactic (I'm in no way condoning what happened btw) on their part.
    I really don't think the global Jewish conspiracy was behind this.

western media can do amazing things to our way of thinking, especially when in the hands of the US,UK and Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

they're supposedely fundamentalists then why in the hell would they bomb their own holy city. Absolute bull**** from the White House as usual. And that owning up thing that one guy said above is just made up by the US.

Wahhabism is not made up by the USA

Wahhabism is a fundamentalist intolerant deviation from Sunni Islam which appeared in 18th Century Arabia. It is the state religion of Saudi Arabia where is is a criminal offence not only to convert to any other religion but also its also to convert to any form of Islam which is not Wahhabism.

That such people have no hesitation in slaughtering other Muslims is not surprising as they consider Sunnis, Shi'ites etc as being little better than Jews or Christians.

Wahhabis are present wherever Islamicist terrorism is growing; they are behind the Taliban, Chechen terrorists, the GIA in Algeria, Hamas in Palestine and so on. The 9-11 hijackers were almost all Saudi Wahhabists.

They are also behind attacks on Christians in Pakistan but what is not widely appeciated is that they are pursuing a parallel terror campaign against Pakistani Shi'ite Moslems. If you want to read really vitriolic condemnations of Wahhabists go to Shi'te Moslem websites.

Do a bit of a Google on it and educate yourself. Broaden your knowledge a bit beyond student-politics paranoia about the USA and the CIA. :)

Originally posted by pork99
    Wahhabism is not made up by the USA

Wahhabism is a fundamentalist intolerant deviation from Sunni Islam which appeared in 18th Century Arabia. It is the state religion of Saudi Arabia where is is a criminal offence not only to convert to any other religion but also its also to convert to any form of Islam which is not Wahhabism.

That such people have no hesitation in slaughtering other Muslims is not surprising as they consider Sunnis, Shi'ites etc as being little better than Jews or Christians.

Wahhabis are present wherever Islamicist terrorism is growing; they are behind the Taliban, Chechen terrorists, the GIA in Algeria, Hamas in Palestine and so on. The 9-11 hijackers were almost all Saudi Wahhabists.

They are also behind attacks on Christians in Pakistan but what is not widely appeciated is that they are pursuing a parallel terror campaign against Pakistani Shi'ite Moslems. If you want to read really vitriolic condemnations of Wahhabists go to Shi'te Moslem websites.

Right, so u go to a few websites and preach like a scholar, u have a lot to learn about Islam.

Do a bit of a Google on it and educate yourself. Broaden your knowledge a bit beyond student-politics paranoia about the USA and the CIA. :)

R u telling me you know more about Islam than a Muslim? U gotta be jokin me, keep this thread on the topic and dont make it personal.

R u telling me you know more about Islam than a Muslim? U gotta be jokin me, keep this thread on the topic and dont make it personal.
    Are you a Muslim? (just curious).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I certainly don't claim to be an expert on Islam or any other religion.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you believe that;
    western media can do amazing things to our way of thinking, especially when in the hands of the US,UK and Israel.

then you are displaying naivity - you sound like some 18-21 y.o. student SWP type. So all the badness in the world comes from the West? I used to believe that sort of thing myself when I was that age but I grew up

I certainly don't claim to be an expert on Islam or any other religion.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you believe that;

No, just reminding u that's all.

then you are displaying naivity - you sound like some 18-21 y.o. student SWP type. So all the badness in the world comes from the West? I used to believe that sort of thing myself when I was that age but I grew up [/B]

I am saying that we watch the likes of Sky News and Fox News etc. which only show one side but I have to say Euro news is fairly balanced and no it doesn't all come from the west, every place has its good and bad habits, it just seems that u see less of the US and Uk's. SWP?

I wouldn't knock google. Five minutes on google and you would have found out that Riyadh is not a holy city; that guerillas often operate in their own countries etc. Your belief that the bomb could only have been planted by either Israel or the US was based on these premises.

what premises?

• Advertisement

what premises?
    Did I not state them?

This reminds me of the quote from Flann O Brien: The conclusion of your syllogism is fallacious, being based upon licensed premises.

BTW, where was it you had this conversation with these ppl? ;)

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Did I not state them?

This reminds me of the quote from Flann O Brien: The conclusion of your syllogism is fallacious, being based upon licensed premises.

BTW, where was it you had this conversation with these ppl? ;)

OK, WHAT THE F*** r u talking about? enough bulls***

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

OK, WHAT THE F*** r u talking about? enough bulls***

(stepping in as an interpreter only* (though why one is needed I don't know - Skeptic One was pretty clear)because I'm curious about the reply, with no interest in actually being part of the discussion)

Translation of what was said to you:

If you'd gone and had a quick look on google you'd see that the "facts" (these are the premises (as in plural of "premise")) you based your statements on were complete bunkum and hence your statements might lack a certain, er, authority outside your own imagination

*as two minutes might be better employed by me in other things. Like digging out my one Flann O'Brien book - I'd forgotten how funny that O'Nolan chap could be

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Lads, calm down.

Gangsta - you're expected to offer your own opinions when starting a thread. Also, please don't attack a poster again. I'd suggest you refamiliarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

Sceptre - enuff stirrin'

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 voice

Hi, this is my first post here..

i think what pork99 is largely right.. i am surprised that he is not muslim, yet know this.

just few remarks.
    Wahabism is very suspected to be created in association with the british intellegence, or supported in its infancy by british. I suggest interesting people search about Mr. Humphry, Abdullah (kim) Philby

Todays wahabis like Qaida are supported by US as mean to weaken USSR.. i think that Bin ALden is CIA agent. and Al-Qaida is very probably infiltrated by CIA.

So Al-Qaida did the bombing, orders comes from suspecious agents probably CIA's

* Hamas are free of Wahabism. in fact Hamas is moderate Sunni muslim group who fight for the sake of the palestinian people. Wahabis had condemend Hamas in their Fatwas (religious declare/law)

* Wahabis say that SHIA are WORSE than Jews and christians. They are running terror campaign against SHIA in Pakistan. they Made lots of genocides against Shia in Afghanistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 voice

daveirl,
    that one should be WERE :)

about bin laden being connected to US.
    His history.
    second, the french author's book about 911
    third. US did not catch Bin LAden yet
    4. every time Bin laden seems to release a tape that supports BUSH. ie, bush wants more money, bin laden release new threats, congress accepts.. Bush claims that al-qaida did something... bin laden release a tape claiming responsibility... people forgeting about bin laden, and support for Bush declines.. more bin laden tapes to fuel the US paranoia..
    same game happens with Saddam..
    COINCEDENCE?!!

Advertisement