Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.gameservers.ie

Options
  • 12-11-2003 6:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I'm Dara as u can all see :D I am the director of a new company called GameServers.ie
    We are hoping to bring lots of free gaming servers to Ireland for Irish gamers.
    We have just finished the first draft of our website and, although it is not finished and there is still content missing, we would love if you had a look. If you have any suggestions or comments we would love to hear them.

I just though I would take the time to tell you what we are aiming to do and what we hope to achieve.
    Our team consists of gamers. I am tired of playing games on servers that have crap pings, logos everywhere and ether no admins or completely unfair admins who kick ppl indiscriminately. Basically baldly run servers with badly run systems in place.
    We hope to get some servers of the most popular games up and running and to pass the expense onto the companies who make so much money out of the gamers in the first place. Although I am not going to name the companies (not sure if I should or can really do that) but you all know who they are. They are the people who provide the services and products that we want and crave. Through advertisement we hope that we can fund a multitude of servers and a very wide range of games all on a fast and reliable carrier.
    No we are not going to place logos in game.
    No we are not going to have pop-up ads on the website (supremely annoying).
    Yes we will have a good ping to for Irish gamers (and the rest of the world) since our servers will be placed in Ireland.
    We hope to have as many servers as possible and as many games as possible.
    If I can afford to have the game running I will, if you suggest a game and people are playing on that server I will have it running and keep it there.

The site and forums are both just up and running so there is still work to be done. If you think that you can help, mail me dara@gameservers.ie. If you have any suggestions or anything just fire away.

Any questions you have just post them and I will answer.

We are hoping to go live with some public servers on the 20th of this month. There are some other projects but I doubt that any of them will prevent us keeping our schedule.

GameServers Web site

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

run an IOS server!! i crave my IOS fix ever since jolt took theirs down :(

also, i have nothing against in-game banners, like UK2 do. they're always placed intelligently, out of the way of the action. I'm sure you'll know much more about this than me, but if you're going to make money off website advertising alone, you're going to need something big to attract people to the website. What's it gonna be? I doubt most players on your server will ever bother looking at your website :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

btw, best of luck :]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Originally posted by Balfa
    run an IOS server!! i crave my IOS fix ever since jolt took theirs down :(
    Sorry man but u lost me. IOS. don’t know what that stands for.
    also, i have nothing against in-game banners, like UK2 do. they're always placed intelligently, out of the way of the action.
    They personally do my head in. At the moment its a no. But if later I run a poll and people think they are ok I'll defiantly think about it then.
    I'm sure you'll know much more about this than me, but if you're going to make money off website advertising alone, you're going to need something big to attract people to the website. What's it gonna be? I doubt most players on your server will ever bother looking at your website :/
    Well, not that I was hoping that people just surf my website just to fund by servers :D, I was gonna put up stats on the web site (I should have pointed this out in the main post for forgot) so that people can check how they are going versus other players that frequent the servers. Thats something that I personally love. But, any ideas on other things that you guys would like for us to do, just post and if its possible it will be done.
    On that subject, If anyone knows of where there are some really good and comprehensive stats systems that I could use I would appreciate it. I would love any help on that subject..
    btw, best of luck :]
    Thanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Best of luck Dara. Post your public game server ip's asap :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Despite this being not much more then an ad I'm going to let it stand as it sounds like its also of considerable interest to Irish gamers and thus is on topic. This is the one and only time I'm gonna do that though.

Thread locked to keep things safe.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is great news, Ireland needs more than just a few counterstrike servers, we could do with a few Halo, Quake3, Sof2, mohaa, Unreal Tournment 2003 servers to give Irish online gamers a choice of games to play online rather than having to go to uk/nl servers the whole time to play something other than cs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement