Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone recommend a quiet (cheap) ATX case

• 12-11-2003 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

its for a relatively small P4 mobo (couldn't tell you what one though, not had a good look at it yet) and needs to be quite small to fit on a shelf.

mini tower would be fine for my needs, but it needs to be as quiet as possible cos it's going in my bedroom.

anyone have any ideas that aren't going to break the bank (bear in mind, it's a very small bank).

thnx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Well if your ordering from komplett i'd recomend the Q-tec midi tower ATX 6024md. Only 54 euro with a 350w power supply and looks alright. Click link twice
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=119317&p=&t=589&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=13&GrpID=6&cks=PRL

A slightly more expensive alternative is the skyhawk psr5601 at 68 euro with no power supply but it is a much better looking case and has a temp reading.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=115392&p=&t=589&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=13&GrpID=6&cks=PRL

So if looks aren't important i'd recomend the q-tec otherwise the skyhawk.

BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i had already looked at komplett and had come up with this.
    I144404.jpg made by the same guys and almost €25 cheaper.

granted it's not quite as pretty, being a grey box, but that doesn't bother me.

also, I can live without the extra 5.25" bay, as it's only going to have 1 (maybe 2 later) externally facing drive in it anyway (old CD writer).

height is more important to me than looks too, cos it has to fit on a small shelf.

it occurs to me also, that it would be quieter than the other one too, with the PSU being 50W less, the fan should be smaller (maybe).

I'm not after anything stunning, just something so I don't have to leave the mobo and other bits sitting there with no case at all. the g/f would murder me. :rolleyes:

Advertisement