Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best new X-Box game

Options
  • 12-11-2003 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for suggestions for a christmas present for my boyfriend. What is the best x-box game out there at the moment in the style of Halo? A good adventure shoot-em up I suppose is what I'm saying?

all suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In the style of Halo? Well Freedom Fighters is a very good squad based shooter, Rainbow Six 3 is getting very good reviews and if your boyfriend has Xbox Live, Crimsom Skies is probably your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Get him Rainbow Six 3. Its brilliant offline and is now pretty much the daddy on LIVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Just finished Freedom Fighters, good but short.

I'd recommend Return to Castle Wolfenstein, or Brute Force, both top quality FPS in the same vien as Halo. RtCW shades it for atmosphere though.

Likewise Rainbow Six 3 is getting good reviews, but I haven't played it yet. Just started Crimson Skies last night and it is good, but very different to Halo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Picked up Top Spin, the new tennis game last Friday and I must admit that it is very good fun. The gameplay is spot on with a nice learning curve and the graphics are great. It is a distinct advantage if, like me, you have played either or both of the Virtua Tennis games on DC to death.

Given that it is also Xbox Live compatible, I would love to see what it is like online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

thanks for all the recommendations. Has anyone heard anything about the new medal of honour game (Rising Sun I think). I know it's not released until the end of the month.

Or what about splinter cell?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

think spinter cell is on classic now so you could get it on the cheap. its a good game but requires patience, which halo doesnt require.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

your a great girlfriend!!! any game will be appreciated

Advertisement