Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siemens mc60

• 12-11-2003 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting one of these from meteor, its going for e199. I've read reviews and the only problem they mention with it is its small memory, but I'd like to hear if anyone has it and can give me a more detailed review.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Yup, seems a good package for the price.

The 7250i is now going for ˆ449 on Meteor Pre-Pay too.

One thing that stood out to me when reading the spec a few moments ago of the MC60 is that it only has space for 50phone numbers in the Phone itself. Now, this may not cause everyone a problem, but I currently have a full SIM(195no's) and 109 numbers in my Phone(Nokia 8210, 250num's max)

A good review site Ive used before:
    http://www.mobile-review.com/phonemodels/siemens/siemens-mc60-en.shtml

Quote: "Total memory pool is 1 Mb"

"Integrated camera, photos are stored in JPG format, screen is used as a viewfinder. Several images resolutions are available: 352x288, 320x240, 178x144 and 160x120 "

"Weight: 89 g. "

- My 8210 is supposed to be one of the lightest phones around and its 79g. The 7250i is 92g and resolution is 352õ288 or 80x96 pixels. 7250i Has a 4mb pool memory.

I have not used the MC60 yet but I had one in my hand the other day and its not the bulkiest phone, but at the same time, does feel a fair bit bigger than the Nokia 7250i. Though Id say the 7250i would be more fragile.

From just the above
    Siemens:
    -less than 1/2 the price
    -4 Resolutions instead of 2 on 7250
    -Lighter
    -1/4 the memory

So imho, it seems good value for money.

Personally, im looking for: No bigger than 7250i, GPRS, MMS, Integrated Camera, Tri-band, and Bluetooth. And Id prefer to stick Nokia as my 8210 has served me well for the past 3yrs 10months!

But I cant find a phone with all those that doesnt cost bloody E800 or isnt available yet!

Bren

Advertisement