Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mirage Cannot Play For DK In The Offical DUBLAN Games.

• 08-10-1999 7:01pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

DK have managed to get Mirage (reportedly 2nd best in AU) to play for them for DubLAN.

I've ruled it out of order.

I dont feel I have to explain anything but I will.

I run DubLAN for a laff. This year it has been anything BUT. People throwing ultimatums about, having to decide if people get banned or not, general whinging of a level even I havent experienced before.
    But all the time I mutter stuff about the 30-40 people who have already registered and been positive.

I am not about to let Ser or DK start telling me not to be lame about rules I apply in all our interests to keep things fun... Grabbing a ninja a few weeks before immediately after he books his ticket is wrong and its not the sort of "win at all cost" attitude that I want to see at DubLAN.

If noone else objects then I'll let him play. But I think it reflects badly on DK.

Post here, or tell it to the hand...

DeV.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

5 mins later I find out that Johnoo claims that Jopasc from UK is now in TKC...!

Lads, enough of the ninja drafting.
    And if anyone tells you I oked it, dont believe them as already my name has been used falsely to support their inclusion in the official clan games.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's been over a week since there was last a flame war on this board. Thank you for keeping the dream alive Devore wink.gif

I think if he pays for a round for everyone there at the bar (crisps and soda for the kids), let him play.

Didn't you's have this exact same argument before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well we have Thresh & Scion lined up for HIV in the q2/UT stakes, so if there's no objections..... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

But mirage has played for d-k before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

fair ****s to ya Dev.
    Dublan should be about fun
    not a lot of petty arguing smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

DubLan is gonna be fun,

and so say all the ops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think you's should have a raffle and the winners get him on thier team.

Might be a bit character building if he ends up on a newbie team like EM smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

who told you this anyway? smile.gif

anyways to set it right we didnt ask mirage to play for us, Ser asked him cause there m8s and ser wanted him to come over and have some fun.

I didnt want him to play as i told Ser and none of the other dk ppl even (pred new but didnt like it either) know about it as ser only decided around monday or tuesday.

Anyway i dont see how ppl can tell us who plays for us or not.
    Dont you find it gets a bit dull with the same old people playing but with different clan names?

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

if mirage wants to play for dk, let him play for dk

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 08-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

sam you can play for my new
    rock paper scissors clan: [RPS]
    we're gonna slaughter every other clan !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭johnoo

Dev,
    Jop has been in TKC since early september. Unfortunatly we haven't had a chance to play any clan games. He has trained with us and played with us just against a mix tho.

You asked me for proof that he is on TKC for over a month, I offered you logs but you declined saying "they are as good as a scrible on a peice of blank paper" or something to that effect.

I still have this log but to be honest as I said on irc I doubt he will go.

your pel,
    johnjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

hehe if he plays for us i think itd get the irish scene some great coverage, but hes not takin my place ;P
    AHEM, chaos, ahem, i hear CD are reforming smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

sad, lonely, squabbling, crusty old qw people, you never change smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Hey!

I distinctly saw someone refer to EM as newbies smile.gif. Back me up here lads smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

as eassssssssssssssssssssssssssy as pie !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

grrr, I have only installed Quake2 for dublan, you see you get a bit of practise in. but I am crap at it . I don't think there will be much fun in getting beatin repeatly as dublan , SO what I am trying to say is , will there be any newbies to q2 atall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Well i've played q2 twice, and i'll give yah a game no hassle smile.gif There'll be lots of ppl who've never played q2 and there'll be shinji as well so lotsa ppl for you to kick about wink.gif
    Quozl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

As I am running the UT tourney I have ruled no one better than me is allowed play smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Does that mean no one else will be playing UT then Vaggabond tongue.gif

Bug[PFFC-play for fun clan]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oh I'll be there, and no doubt get raped repeatedly. I'm only going so I can show off my Athlon tongue.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Har har Greg, not funny.... we got our network back up last night, played a game of Q2... that reminded me why I crashed the network in the first place tongue.gif

Whooped ass in a glorious UT instagib match, though smile.gif

Advertisement