Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iolbb problom

• 12-11-2003 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right im after installing my bb and finaly its live

but im having a connection problom
    i have a dlink 504 router and its giving me a error connecting to the server . ive rang the help desk to chk to see if my password was correct and all the settings that i was given were correct . which they are , but they wont give me any help with my router

( error msg is pppoe server not found )

the settings i was given wer
    elexes@iolbb
    vci 35
    vpi 8
    dns 192.111.39.1
    and 192.111.39.4 ( the router dose not have a option for the second dns )

has anyone and ids to chk to see if the router is infact working ???
    or is any of the info i have worng ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Edit --Stupid post.
    I didn't read the post fully
    Please Ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

is there an option in the web console of the router (eg http://10.0.0.1 or whatever the manual says) to check PPP status or ATM status to check whether the modem is connecting (the logs should have it too).

If the modem is connecting and you just cant get the net through it then it is a routing problem. Either your internal network is not set up properly or there is a NAT problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Arghhh! I was thinking of getting that router please tell me if it works elexes!. I dont want to afto return it right after I get it :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A friend of mine recently had a similar problem with his connection. He had the DSL light on the router but the connection failed regardless.

Have you tried the modem you got from your ISP if any ?

In this case it turned out to be an exchange error that took 2 weeks to sort out !!

Can you bring the router to someone elses house and try it on their working connection. Leave your settings as they are and try to connect.

Set the router to provide IP information to all clients and set your computer accordingly. IF XP then disable the bridge between the connections in network preferences.

Hope this helps.

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

thx will give it a try .

the router itsself works nice for lanning between my switch and wap so i hope i can sort this today . yesterday i applied for a password to be changed and am told it will be done today .

OfflerCrocGod im sure its just a problom with me maby ive angered eircom in some way and they fuxed my line

anyways will try it all out today

also going to borrow a modem from work to see if i can get it to work on that . as they still aint sent me the external usb one which i was going to sell

• Advertisement

right i just tried a atm loopback test and its showing up as failed?

any ids?
    it passed once then i tried it 3 more times and its showing up as failed .

edit..
    its passing them now

also the logs only showing when the device was started up nothiing else

bah

also anyone know where i can get hold of a micro filter ? as it seems to be interfearing with my phone line

thx to all that posted . after ringing the place that i bought it it turned out that the modem i bought was in fact faulty and was never ment to be sold . i was given the replacement and am now on it :)
    yeh ..

suddenly i have a new problom ... what the **** can i download arggg

can someone pm me the link for the online test for speads :) thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by elexes
    they still aint sent me the external usb one which i was going to sell

I don't think you can sell the usb modem, doesn't it say in the contract 'the modem remains the property of esat bt at all times' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

eth0 if he paid for the more expensive set-up yes the modem is his.....I dont know what he paid obviously. www.bandwidthplace.com to test your connection.

which would of been the more expensive setup ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement