Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best way to get dsl installed on an isdn line?

• 12-11-2003 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

i would just like opinions on which is the best way to go about getting dsl installed
    the engineer install for 200 euro
    or downgrade then get self install?

is there posible problems with the second option? there must be if they recomend engineer install for people with isdn right?

iv also been told my line hasnt been tested yet and this will probably take 2 weeks... 2 weeks to run a simple test wtf? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if I remember rightly, I don't think DSL can be installed on an ISDN line, so either way you'll need to be downgraded first before they convert it to DSL (could be wrong though).

tbh the best people to check with would be whoever you are going to get the DSL from.

as for the test, ring eircom DSL support and get them to do the pre-qual test for you. or just go to the eircom website and do it yourself. it's not 100% accurate, but it should give you a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

ISDN must be disabled if you intend to get DSL on the same line. An engineer must come out and remove the TA then you must wait for the DSL crew at the exchange to upgrade your line to BB.

Happened recently to mate of mine.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

my line passed while on ISDN.

I then downgraded myself - cost €5 more but had heard of delays when the isdn downgrade was part of the install.
    Was downgraded the next morning (think I was just lucky as the engineer lived nearby and he wanted a local start)

Install went smoothly after that.

Advertisement