Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wet Shaving

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Im a W/S Diamond FX man myself - tried a Mach3 a coupla times and they ripped my face to bits - blood everywhere!

Get 6 days outa 1 blade.

Does anyone else find the head is too big on the 3/4 blade razors to get in the harder to reach spots like the cleft of your chin and under your nose??? Or is it just my deformed face?

Have tried the shower trick and it works but takes farrr tooo lonng so save it for that special occasion. King of Shave's Gel works best for me, use either their facial wash or facial scrub before hand to soften up my face and it works a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

"Get 6 days outa 1 blade 6 days,, jesus i dont change the blade for a least a month (again mach 3, the Best ) How long is a blade suppose to last as a matter of interest,? is there an offical timescale before your suppose to change.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

I actually get around 6 months out of a Mach3 blade - really!!! I use them with those Total Shaving Solution oils things. Extremely close shave every time. The thing is that all blades loose their initial sharpness after only a few shaves, but after that the sharpness is perfectly acceptable and stays at that level for months.

I haven't bought a pack of blades since the begining of 2002, and it's been years since I cut myself shaving.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by Kobie
    The thing is that all blades loose their initial sharpness after only a few shaves, but after that the sharpness is perfectly acceptable

Not for me. Anything older than 6 days rips my face apart and doesnt give the babies bum effect anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Originally posted by Mad Mike
    I have warned the emergency services to keep an ambulance on standby. If you do accidently cut off your nose don't forget to put in in an ice filled bag :D

You can stand them down - I'm finished (unscaved). :p

The verdict:

You're absolutely right Mike, it does give you a fantastic shave. I must admit that I was a bit sceptical but it gave me a really close shave with not one cut or nick and no razor burn. I didn't use any shaving foam at all, just soap and the running water. I think the real magic is done by the running water. It does take a bit of getting used to (blind shaving) but it comes quite naturally after a while. Well done sir.

Now run off to the patents office quick before Gillette get wind of this ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Good Man Wheeler

Any other brave pioneers willing to try? You've got nothing to loose but your nose :rolleyes:

Never thought about the patent business. Obviously cannot patent a shower. How about a razor that connects up to the tap with a hose to get a constant stream of water directed onto the blade. A bit like those car wash brushes.

Best not to make too much fuss about it for the moment however. Those Razor boys are pretty tough cookies (and they have sharp instruments)!

Another advantage to the shower method that I forgot to mention before (Gillette are really going to love me for this) is that the razor seems to keep its edge for ages. I try to change blades regularly for hygiene reasons but to be honest you could keep one blade for months and still get a good shave out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Originally posted by Mad Mike
    How about a razor that connects up to the tap with a hose to get a constant stream of water directed onto the blade. A bit like those car wash brushes.

Now you're talking. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I didn't take your advice mad mike, cause I've been using that method for years! :D

I shave at the end of the shower after I've washed all my other bits and pieces! This gives the humidity and water vapour time to build up and open my pores. If I'm not going out on the pull that night I'll just shave with the grain. If I want that babies bum smoothness for a night out I'll shave against the grain. Either way, I haven't cut myself in about 2 years. Whereas I used to get moderate shaving rash with the grain and bad shaving rash a day later after going against the grain. Now with the 'newly patented mad mike method', absolutely no rash!! :D:D As mike says you get to know your own face and where the trouble spots are and you really don't need a mirror. All I do is wet the razor and shave about an inch around my locks at the mirror and then hop in the shower for the rest.

I'm all the cleaner for it too! :D I used to be a dirty smelly bast*rd but now a daily shave necessitates a daily shower! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

If I'm not going out on the pull that night I'll just shave with the grain.

Women just don't appreciate the trouble we go to....

;)

OK Calibos

Its nice to know that I wasn't a solitary eccentric all of those years. I suggest that when the Nobel Prize for Shaving is awarded we split the honours as co-inventors, with an honourable mention for Wheeler as being an early pioneer.

Now all we need to do is to convince the doubters to try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Mad Mike can I just point out your idea of shave without a mirror though probably revolutionary for your own means, would be useless to someone like myself who wants to keep a certain amount of facial hair, styled in such a way to not look like I didn't have a mirror.

So you can use your hand to guid it, where do you know to put your hand? Do you look in the mirror before taking a shower and contort it into the perfect position then shave around that? OK I admit that what you're saying is perfect for those looking for a full shave, but please consider us pro hair shavers :D

Just on a seperate note - do you ever notice that when women shave their legs they leave it for days and still think ooh of course they're still soft - I only shaved days ago. Whereas men realise they shave in the morning and by nightfall yes it's bristley again.

Is this that they just don't know? Or is it that they just think we're too stupid to notice the hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I haven't bothered with shaving foam for about two years now and am convinced it is a rip off, I just use a facial wash thing or soap and shave with a Mach 3 , works grand , particularly straight after the shower and the blades do seem to last longer.

Tried the blind shaving thing, but made myself a new nostril, back to the mirror !!

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    Mad Mike can I just point out your idea of shave without a mirror though probably revolutionary for your own means, would be useless to someone like myself who wants to keep a certain amount of facial hair, styled in such a way to not look like I didn't have a mirror.

Not a Problem Iceman

My new soon to be patented shaving in the shower kit. (suitable sexy product name still under consideration) will come with cutout stencils for shaving a wide variety of interesting shapes on your visage. These will include such ever popular favourites as:

The Miami Vice Look (for Old Timers),
    The David Beckham look
    and of course the Kelly Osbourne look.

• Advertisement

Hahahaha n1. OK but what about the one i'm sporting? The 70's pr0n star handlebar tash with a chin goatee going from my chin to my lower lip in a kind of triangular style.

If you can I will be the first to buy this product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i shave daily, as i like being cleanshaven. But i do suffer from "red pimply-ness" sometimes. I use gilette shaving foam and Mach3 (tried turbo, but didn;t think it was worth the extra money).

How do i stop/reduce the pimpli-ness.

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    i shave daily, as i like being cleanshaven. But i do suffer from "red pimply-ness" sometimes. I use gilette shaving foam and Mach3 (tried turbo, but didn;t think it was worth the extra money).

How do i stop/reduce the pimpli-ness.

Please refer to previous posts re shaving under the shower. Try it once and transorm your life.

"Try it, Try it you will see,
    You will like it on a train,
    You will like it in the rain,
    You will like it in a box,
    You will like it with a fox ;)"

Quote from well known literary character Sam I Am talking about the benefits of shaving in the shower.

Advertisement