Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help

• 12-11-2003 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

ok here goes-

Im after buying a sat setup in the for sale section
    here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124652

but i havnt a clue how im gonna set it up. Can some1 give me a quick run thro or do i need a pro to do it?

plus i have a 3 fairly big trees along the eastern facing side of my house. Ok there's no leaves on em now but can the satelite pick up a signal thro any interference. I thought it needed clear line of sight.

Also can some1 recommend me an isp?? Eop was recommended to me but i think they have a d/l limit and i plan to pretty much download as much as i can

I think most satelites use astra and i think it needs to be pointed 11.2 degrees east. this 11.2 refers to elevation does it?? Are they hard to get in the correct location, tree's etc apart??

Can you mount a big 80cm dish on a chimney or where is the recommended place? i think my east facing gable is out with the trees etc.

How far can my pc be from the dish??

does the dish need to be powered up?

Does any1 know of any installers around limerick that would do this for me?

Advertisement