Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hottest topics

Options
  • 12-11-2003 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

i think we should have the top 5 hottest topics on the main page. say the threads with the highest pages views in the past 24hours get to go on it.this can give people an idea of what everyone is talking about.so what do you think?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think it would feed back on itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

i think its a good idear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

how would it feed back on its self as it wont actualy be a thread, its going to be a link to the threads. was just thinking about it as i was browsing boards.ie as i dont have enough time to read everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by irishguy
    how would it feed back on its self as it wont actualy be a thread, its going to be a link to the threads. was just thinking about it as i was browsing boards.ie as i dont have enough time to read everything.

because if there's a link on the main page to certain threads then those threads are going to get ALOT more views just because people are curious... so the same 5 threads will remain the "hottest topics" for ages.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Phreak gets aa gold star :)

We're planning a "Mod recommended" feature and more powerful features for people to zero in on discussion they ARE interested in and avoid the deluge of crap.

I hope that that will also involve the badly needed "I dont want to see this forum in the front page" option... much like the subscribed forum thing works...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

didnt think about it that way, but mabey it could be done on the amount of replys a post gets every day? or the amount of views it get from the other pages excluding the "hottest page" page, or mabey we could just use Devore's idea :)

Advertisement