Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Dreamweaver

Options
  • 12-11-2003 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hay All,

Don´t know if you can help me here or not but I have made my first site using Dreamweaver for a friend and they want to block other people copying the photos from the site...

I am a total site newbie so if you could help me would be great..

Thanks

Cannon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can get a disable right click script but i don't know where to get them.

but they are limited cos if some1 really wants to take picture they can print screen it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

they are limited cos you can turn off javascript, just don't bother, that 'feature' makes me add a site to 'the list'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cannonfodder

Cheers for that lads.

Knew I could count on Boards..

Will try it anyway, probably not much reason to bookmark the page Parasite :)

Cannon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You could just put the URL for the site in small writing at the bottom of the picture. Won't stop people copying the pictures but short of someone cutting part of it off, people will know where it came from.

Not recommended for icons obviously:)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

dont do that, it is so annoying. I deliberatly make a point of copying pictures and distributing them if a site does that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

i'm sure there's a dreamweaver extension that generates a disable-right-click script - otherwise dynamicdrive.com or similar
    however, i urge you not to use one. it just makes navigation more awkward. (View -> source in IE does the same thing,anyway).
    Try something else - obfuscation: move images to awakrd folders with correct permissions; write the images with javascript or something, this fools most newbies, who are too ignorant or lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cannonfodder

Cheers for all the advice..

I basically got some script for disabling right click..

The photos are for furniture designs and finishd items etc and for that reason I dont think that most people will know to disable Java if they want to copy them..

Would post the site but afraid of Parasite..

Thanks again

Cannon

karoma, could not find a Dreamweaver extension for it, but then again I could not find a hit counter there either.. I am a Dreamweaver newbie though so might be blind :)

Advertisement