Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English, Tech. Drawing & Construction

Options
  • 12-11-2003 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

English
    I'm doing On The Waterfront, Silas Marner, Macbeth and Wuthering Height's in Higher Level English for the Leaving.

Have any of ye got any decent site's that do full analysis' on Poetry, Play's and Film's?
    I've found a few already (and posted them on leaving-cert.net), but I cant find much on the main topic's - cultural context, genre and theme's and issues - what we're expected to write about in the Leaving.

Technical Drawing
    I need to get a Tech. Drawing book, I have none, my class has none - the teacher just presume's we know all that shít he flew through in 5th year.
    So, what book are you using for the LC? Is it any good, etc.?

Construction
    I also need a Construction book :). I have one at the moment, 'Construction Studies' it's called, but it was published in like 1988. All the Regulations etc. are incorrect.

Again, what book are you using for the LC? Is it any good, etc.?

Also, Seamus updated the www.leaving-cert.net site so it now includes a General Information, Syllabi and Past Papers section.

The site seem's to be a bit bare at the moment, seem's like i've been the only person adding links and files.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

anyone?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I'm doing TD. Apparently there is no book for paper2 :( . It's supposidly practical application of paper1 therefore no book needed. Or some stupid excuse like that. We work off the past exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If you know anyone doing grinds for english in the institute get them to get a copy of the notes given from there. The teacher is great and has notes on nearly every compartitive text.

Advertisement