Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N-Gage Help

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

I'm so lame... I can't get my GPRS going on my N-Gage. Anyone want to suggest the settings they're using, please?

Thanks!

Nick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by madmoe
    @BluE-WinG
    REALLY like my N-Gage!! Which 256MB card did you get? I wanna get one to have all the games on the one MMC and as much music as possibe!

Not too gone on SoniC N even though I loved original when younger! My fav's are Pandamoneium and I have a thing for Puyo Pop, damn hard to beat on the later levels.

I have to say definitely value for money, u get SO much including a tri band phone, most are still DUAL band so that's good in itself. Wanna get Virtua Tennis, looks pretty good and Red Faction too!!

Dont you find it annoying the way you have to remove the back of the phone and remove the bettery to access the game card to swap it for another game. That gets really irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Sci0x agreed, they should have all the games on one card ;) Any other problems youve had with the phone? I dislike the Sidetalking nonsense ;)

MadMoe I bought a 256mb Veritech card from Elara Systems in Dublin (www.elara.ie)
    They were quite cheap and the card works a treat

And I'm all for buying outside of Ireland - Save your money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Originally posted by El Nick
    I'm so lame... I can't get my GPRS going on my N-Gage. Anyone want to suggest the settings they're using, please?

Thanks!

Nick.

Nick, if you are on o2 there is a section on their website where you can enter your phone no. and they send you the settings by SMS. When the message arrives you get an option to install (or something) and Robert's your relative. If you haven't had GPRS on your account before you will have to phone customer care and get it activated.

As far as movies go, there is a free piece of s/w available from Nokia (I posted a link on the wireless forum a while back) that will convert pretty much any video file to a suitable .rm file to play with real player. I have got two full movies and a few mp3s on my 128mb mmc card.

There seems to be some confusion about the USB cable vs. Bluetooth. You only need to use BT for synching contacts and such with the Nokia suite. USB works perfectly well for transferring music, games, apps and movies with XP and 2K. Basically, USB allows you full access to the memory card, BT is needed to interact with the phone software.

And mine cost me €75 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
    Sci0x agreed, they should have all the games on one card ;) Any other problems youve had with the phone? I dislike the Sidetalking nonsense ;)

Lets see other problems. Its very large. Its uncomfortable and awkward to use. Its hard to get used to which side of the phone you talk on when you receive a call on it. It isnt realistic for the user of this phone to alwayz be wearing a pair of in-ear headphones with the headset.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

anyone have any info on encoding RealOne clips for the n-gage?

Advertisement