Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal organisers

• 13-11-2003 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I know nothing about them apart from the fact that i need one!
    Where can i get one in the Dublin area?
    How much can i expect to pay?
    Are they difficult to use?
    What websites can i buy them from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

It's all depent what you need/want.

you can get one that just take phone numbers and some notes for about €20-30+. You can get this type of organisers almost anywhere. Argus, Easons, Maplin ...

or you can get a palm or PDA for lots more functions but it will cost you more too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tte

well i need something to store a few notes, with a calendar for the next few months.....would a €30 one do so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeah pick something up from argos or similar. i bought one years ago, never used the dam thing that much, but it had the fuctions you were looking for. Calander (little star beside a date if something was noted down for it) Reminded me of birthdays etc... takes notes, had a 48kb memory which is nothing nowadays. So i'm guessing techonology in the personal organisers area has advanced a good bit since 3/4 years ago. Will only cost ya 20-40 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Just in case you are not so tech minded.
    The price is related to the size of memory.

1 byte = one charactor
    1 kb = 1000 charactors (~100words)
    1 mb 1000,000 charactors

but most of people will only keep small notes on the organiser.
    10-20 words for each note.
    and uses ~40 charactors for each phone number + name.

Also the number of lines for the screen (the size of screen).
    More lines will make life easier to read and write
    but it will be more pricey and bigger/harder to fit in your pocket.

personally I a €30 one will do you just fine. (unless you are planning to keep your diary in it, then you might run out of memory in few month time)

Hope these info helps you to choose a right one for you.

Advertisement