Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugot 206 CC

Options
  • 13-11-2003 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

What's the story with these nowadays? I've heard from many sources that they fall apart, and are completely unreliable, but according to some others these issues have been fixed in the 03/04 version. Anyone have a new one and having problems with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Whatever you do, don't buy one from the place in Sandyford, the mechanics race them at the back of the industrial estate most evenings... almost got knocked down by them once, flying around a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

A good friend of mine had one for a while (sold it and she then bought it back again for cheaper.. garage couldnt sell it!).. 2.0 version, was the second one in Ireland at the time, few points that I've come across in my many times in it:

A harsh and quite stiff ride.

Very rattly inside due to this and ill-fitting components (door plastics, dash etc.).

Never had any of the infamous roof problems, however dont drive with the window open when its raining, theres no channel/gutter on the roof or top of the door, so water flows in... major oversight on the designers behalf (every car on the road, bar soft-tops have this!), I'd assume perhaps that its been addressed in the newer models.

Lot of grunt when needed, steering is quite nice, car can be very quick when needed.

Visibility isn't the best with the roof up especially 3/4s rear.

Back-seats aren't seats, you will NEVER NEVER NEVER let me repeat that NEVER fit anyone in there. with the front seats all-the way back there is less than an inch of room to the rear seats, even with them all the way forward theres barely room for a child.
    Briefcases only, there is a handy chiller department in between the rear seats though, will take a bottle of wine! :)

If you plan to put the roof down then you'll have to have a half-empty boot... i.e. if you will be carrying loads of stuff around while posing, this ain't the car for you.

btw, yes shes blonde and middle-aged please don't buy one if you're not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

oh let me just add that reliability wise the car has been grand, it got a lot of miles in its first year, but now is used two-three times a week max, I think a slight electrical problem has been all, no engine/mechanical issues.

also while I think of it, theres no spare wheel either, you get a can of repair stuff, which has a max speed of 40mph and is pretty much illegal to drive on, apart from going directly to a garage, afaik, so make sure you don't stray too far off the beaten track in it :)

Advertisement