Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Going Free

• 11-10-1999 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Dear Gavin,

Thank you for your e-mail. In relation to your query regarding Eircom
    net, yes we are going free on Thursday 14th October '99. All details
    regarding same will be posted on our homepage {www.eircom.net} on that
    date.

> If you have any more queries please do not hesitate to contact our
    > Sales and
    > Marketing Department on Callsave 1850-203-204.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Eircom net.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

yes, but free in what way? the oceanfree/indigo go free way? the mail i received talked about a couple of diff options, u can read it on quake.ie news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

too little, too late.

Eircom, Indigo etc. need to go the way of esat if they are to have a hope of competing in the future. And offer somthing new, ie: flat rate isdn access.

Why pay for phonecalls when you can get essentially the same service while only shelling out £17 a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

yeah thats true , rock on esat

Jelvon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Also very happy with Esat. Haven't had a busy signal yet (touch wood)

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ok, but what about Ping, Lag, Download times, connection speeds, etc.
    What's Esat like for that?

H0 H0 H0...etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 12-10-99).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I've been playing mostly Q3 and it's seems better than IOL.
    IOL around 400 on average.
    Esat around 200.
    This was mostly to UK servers as the ones here are usually empty.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive had esat surf no limits now for a month and have found it better than expected, great for downloading/surfin and good for gaming.My pings for Q2 connected to Lineone server are around 200-280 (28.8k) while on Indigo they are 175-240. Tho the esat pings are slightly higher it doesnt make that much of a difference, considering that i dont have to worry about phone bill no more, its a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

played a q2 clan match on the esat test account on sunday, and it was very playable, and if eircom don't come out with something like this, i'm off to esat.

ButcherOfNog
    Hot Internet Virgins
    clans.quake.ie/hiv
    butcherofnog@quake.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yea I'm real happy with my ESAT account. Downloading is great usually get around 3.5-4.5k tops on downloads. Pings to quake2 servers are slightly higher then the likes of indigo but having said that, freezing is a much rare occurence on esat and packet loss I find is much less compared to indigo. Plus its no limits for 17 quid a month, I mean how can you go wrong ?

• Advertisement

yup, certainly cant smile.gif

35 hours straight last weekend sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

eircoms website have the free subscription service up now. bah I want flat rate.

in the words of a great philosopher:

"**** Eircom"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ripper

The funny thing about Eircom internetis. On Monday they sent me an email saying that if i didn't pay my bill they would terminate my account. And then on tuesday they send me a note saying the service is going free.

So let me think unless I pay them nothing within 10 days they will cancel my account. I have tried to get my head around this logic but it hurts it really does.!

I LOIKES EIRCOM

Advertisement