Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverse Engineering the X-Box

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

wtf......

Last edited by yellum on 02-02-1995 at 14:23

have you the time set right on your pc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by tlachta
    wtf......

have you the time set right on your pc??

:rolleyes:

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Its a signature made to look like an edit message.

The wonders of the font and italic tag

lol, clever

lol,guess i'm not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Just have to point out that time on PC would have NO effect in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

has anyone tried to hack their x box?? was it difficult? is it worth it? i mean what are the extra things you can do that a pc cant. can you alter the x box games or anything? change the graphics settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

has anyone tried to hack their x box??

Let's see, there's a book about it, tons of places sell modchips, you can download illegal games, bioses and dashboards, people wrote apps for it... so I'd say nope, no-one has ever tried modifying that ugly black thing (sorry, sometimes late @nite I tend to overuse sarcasm) :)

Seriously, a modded xbox is great. Except for playing games (which I never do on my xbox), there isn't anything you can do on the xbox you couldn't do on a PC. The thing is though, the TV out from the xbox is really great, and it looks way better in the livingroom than a PC, and it makes much less noice.

I use mine for streaming shoutcast and chatting online, and to watch movies (DVD region free player, playes virtuall all videoformats etc etc).

It's a fun toy to play around with if its modded, and a useless black brick if its not modded (unless you like playing games).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by muffen
    The thing is though, the TV out from the xbox is really great, and it looks way better in the livingroom than a PC, and it makes much less noice.

Steady on there mate :)
    The XBox is ugly compared to what you could do if you had the time, skill, money and artistic stylings to make a decent case and as for silent....the 'Box is quite loud by itself, as is the PS2 (though to a lesser degree).

Plus, the TV-output from a proper card is very very good :) Look at ATi All-In-Wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by muffen

Seriously, a modded xbox is great. Except for playing games
    whhhaaattt! you cant play the games after hacking it!? whats the point so? is there a way to hack it and still be able to play the games? dont exactly want to throw the games out.

as for watching movies. can do that with the x box as it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

whhhaaattt! you cant play the games after hacking it!? whats the point so? is there a way to hack it and still be able to play the games? dont exactly want to throw the games out.

Hmmm try reading the entire post next time. :D
    Except for playing games (which I never do on my xbox), there isn't anything you can do on the xbox you couldn't do on a PC.

Do you really think ppl would mod their xbox if you couldn't play games on it anymore. Ok fine, some ppl probably would! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

modding my xbox best thing i ever done it the only reason i bought it was to modify it and play all my retro games on it (i love my super nintendo) seriously the possibilitys with the xbox are endless as long as people are writing software for it
    Pete

anyone know a good tried and tested xbox mod selling site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

anyone know a good tried and tested xbox mod selling site

I use www.divineo.co.uk ... I've bought about 10 modchips from them, have never had a problem.
    the only reason i bought it was to modify it and play all my retro games on it

Agreed, the emulators are great. I actually forgot about them before :)
    I play super pang and bomber man every now and then in the SNES emu...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

Muffen....you wouldn't happen to have a chip laying around????

Advertisement