Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP coding for a game server

Options
  • 13-11-2003 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am looking for some help. I am hoping to run some free public irish game servers in the near future and I am hoping to have a statistics system up and running so that people can chack what they have done in-game and pit them selves against eachother even though they are not actually on at the same time.

Now I know that CS and other half-life mods have stats programs but I think that there is enough servers running them (although i have not totaly ruled out running a HL mod yet) and I am hoping to run a BF1942 or something simular so that I can have something fresh in Ireland.

So, if anyone thinks that they can help me I would greatly apreciate it. My email address is Dara@Gameservers.ie

Also, if I have not made clear what I am looking for please post and ask for more info.

Thanx,

Dara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Hi there,

You will need to get information from the game that you hosting about the game. Something along the lines of a log file with all the wins/losses/deaths/time/players etc.

I would then suggest adding this information into a mySQL database on your webserver, and use php to take out all the stats etc, and present it on a pretty webpage.

via log file                 via php
            and php.
    [GAME] ----------------> [DATABASE] ------------------> [WEB-PAGE]
            Run this stage               Run this stage
            periodically                 when someone
                                         accesses the page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

DCB u insensitive bastard, now i have an inferiority complex :p

Man, I know no php. I was hoping I could get some genius like ur self (u know I've always liked u ;)) onboard to help with that kinda thing.

I have absolutly no idea. The most I can do is Webdesign, Visual Basic, VB script and Basic (not that html is coding). if u urself or anyone else can help me out it would be great

http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~dbc/netris

That is a similar thing that i wrote for a multiplayer tetris game that we play in college.

If you are looking for something like that I would be happy to hack something together for you :)

yea, sounds great. I mean if u could break it down further, like type of gun and so on it would be great.

but sure we can talk.

mail me, msn or irc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

May I suggest that you have your servers located in Ireland?

Houston Texas may be cheap, but it a long way away even on the internet.

There are these days a number of good Irish hosting centres. (what with the celtic tigger melt down, n' all)

Thats my intention.

At the moment I am trying to iron out some problems with my carrior so that I can host as soon as possible. more updates later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dara

These pages are already one its just a matter of collecting them.
    For MOHAA check out www.thedadsarmy.org look at the server page (MOH doesnt collect stats just basic whos on)

For BF check out www.bf1942.com they have the coolest stats page ever ,some old posts in Boards BF forum about it and how cool it is.

For RTCW check out www.rtcwfiles.co.uk they have a page you can use.

Every game has a page like what you are looking for just a matter of finding them ,the planet gayspy sites are good place to get them also for every game.

Good luck.

kdjac

KdjaC, thanks. I will have to look into that. Prob is that I am upto my eyeballs and now I have an unexpected set back. I might not be able to get up and running until after Xmas. :*(

I hope to have a stats page for every game, server and mod that I run. I hope that I can make it so all the stats of differant servers, of the same games, are comparable so you dont have to play in the same server to pit yourself against others.
    Might even (when things are running smothly) run competitions. All plans for the piple line

Advertisement