Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish q2 scene

• 12-10-1999 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

The servers these days are emtpy unless their clan praccies. I reckon we make a time each evening that will be best suited to getting everyone online.

How about 8:30 or 9 o clock. on war 1.

Everyone thats about just go on if theres noone there then wait, people will arrive.

Anyone remember the mammoth 4v4's we used to have on those servers?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

gosh, i remember the days of 4v4.
    ppl from different clans playing with each other.
    i remember once we even had 6v6, bubt the server fell over after about 2 minutes smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

face it, it's dead man, UT/Q3 pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

do you see how sad quake 2 is
    ye think a 4 v4 is a mammoth game
    thats standard to us q1 players i tells ya
    and suposedly q2 can handle 32 players bag i say bah
    q2 sucks q1 is great and im undecide bout q3
    tongue.gif
    G.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

*yawn*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

64 players actually, not 32. Ever play a lag free 40 player Q2 game? It's quite intense, especially when you have teams.

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be--or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time." -Neal Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

• Advertisement

i aint 16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's my new sig tongue.gif should not be taken personally unless you were trolling.

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be--or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time." -Neal Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

god that was quick
    what do u do
    scan the boards all day? tongue.gif
    tis a joke dont get orfended
    G.

IM A BOGGER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

a bogger?

now i am offended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmm I haven't played Quake2 in ages, I'd have the odd game; only the servers are always empty...
    Anyone else want to organise some sort of meeting time?
    I'd suggest using the 'Radio Board' for arranging Q2 games... don't think anyone would mind.

H0 H0 H0...etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

It will all pick up again very soon I reckon.....once the UL student villages get their connection back it should make some difference....can't wait.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

NBK try to praccy as often as we can on Q2war1 but there seems to be quite a bit of p/l and lag effecting many players on those servers. We'll proly be on Q2war1 again this Saturday evening, hopefully lag free this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ripper

Damn i wish i had a computer that would let me play games.!!! sad.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

gonzo, would those players be non-irish based that are getting the problems?

oh and do you have a contact for [AoD]Nugget? I would like to chat to him smile.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The players having trouble are mainly from england and swedeen but i myself have had some real problems there too, but it hasnt been as bad in the last week.
    Nuggets icq is 36223373 under the name of Lord Spanky.

Advertisement