Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First images of Final Fantasy XII

Options
  • 13-11-2003 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

looks pretty tasty. shame its well over a year away.

ff12.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    Help poor Stu get that Zelda bonus disc he's always wanted: http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/...m=l&a=Disco_Stu

LOL
    I have Soul Caliber and Smash Bros PIN will PM nos to you,i used my bros

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

That lizard like creature to the right of the guy looks like one of the races from FFT Advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Looks pretty damn good indeed. Is it still a year away in Japan, or is it a year or so before it's out here. Doubt iti'll be out in year here tbh, as we're still waiting on Final Fantasy X-2, as well as Final Fantasy XI, and now soon enough it may be a third Next Gen Final Fantasy Square Japan are keeping to themselves. Buggers. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Drool!

Have to get my act together and import FFX-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~nanko/movies/ff12-2.wmv

nice 3 minute vid showing some battles, fmv and world map action. 10mb for those interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Good grief! How many 'Final Fantasies' can they make? When I die they'll probably release the Final Final Fantasy (aka Final Fantasy 99) just to spite me. What a silly name for a series ;)

The reason the series in entitled Final Fantasy was because way back when Square made Final Fantasy 1 in 1980 whatever, the company was on it's last legs, and were making one final game that would either make or break them. They decided to call it Final Fantasy as they were pretty sure they were screwed and it would indeed be final.
    Thank god it hasn't been final, and that it sold well enough that Square took another chance and exported the game to both America and Europe, as it's been one of the most pleasurable experiences of my life playing some of their games.

Now if they'd just get of their a**'s and send us some of the newer game's it'd be great.

By the way, about FF99 being the last one, you could be right, as it's traditional that the highest a numbered item can go is 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

sorry to dissapoint, but afaik, FFXIII will be the last 'new' FF. Remakes on the other hand, Im not too sure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its been said before but it has to be done again.

if final fantasy 7 was called cloud and the crazy evil madman with the big ass sword who want to destroy the word, final fantasy 8 was called squall: the adventures of a moody asshole and final fantasy x was called yuna: the moral implications of finding a polygon mesh attractive, no one would complain that "ooo there making so many of them, stop it and do some new stuff."

if you want new stuff then stick with the bouncer and driving emotion type s :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Final fantasy 8 was called squall: the adventures of a moody asshole

Lol :D

Originally posted by Tellox
    sorry to dissapoint, but afaik, FFXIII will be the last 'new' FF. Remakes on the other hand, Im not too sure about.

I'm disappointed if this is true. But not overly so. At least they aren't goin to drag the series into the ground completely.

Tbh, this could just mean that they'll stop making traditional FF games, and concentrate on making more off beat variations in the FF name e.g. Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy 11. Both of these games were differant from the norm in there own way, and that could be what that means.

If not, then it just means Square will make other good games instead. Because of the fact that only once has a Final Fantasy game reused the same characters/world etc, even a new series under a new name could basically be regarded as the Next FF game, just under a differant project, and with more experimentation in the formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

DiscoStu;

Why no FFIX extravagent title?!
    How about "FF IX: Man, ya gotta buy this one just for Vivi!" :D

I'd lean more towards FFIX: Feel free to smile as the main character pervs all over obligatory hot chick, knowing that it's only a game, and not what you really wanna do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Squaresoft are trying a lot of new things with the FF series. FFX has a soundtrack by more than one composer and FFXII is not being lead by Hironobu sakaguchi. It doesn't really matter that they will stop the FF games. Theres a lot of really good RPGs that if you changed the name of the spells and the title they could pass as a FF game. Square will still make great games, and hopefully more FFT (but not as b*stard hard as the PS FFT!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

I'm surprised they haven't done another one about midgets with tails. Hmmmm wonder why? :confused:
    It still all looks a bit familiar, like a mix of 10 and 11. Slighty disappointing but I'm trying to get a PS2 cheap anyways. I'v gone way too long without a new one!

Advertisement