Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to "Pop the question" ??

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by tinofapples
    Job done .

is that it!!??
    details man!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yes.... did you're birthday suit turn blue, in this artic weather or what?

Also, with the result of the question, in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I bet she said no.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Well I got a fantastic bouquet of flowers and drove into town parked the car around the corner from the shop . Walked up to the door of the shop and guess what ?? The f***in shutters were down , she spotted me out throw the glass but didn't see the flowers , she thought I was just there to collect her and bring her home. Plan B quickly sprung into action , I dashed to the car and left the flowers and the ring in the boot (Whoops) . She came out , commented on how nicely dressed I was and we headed off to my parents house , she had bought something that she wanted to leave in the boot , I said ahh no it'll be grand here in the back of the car.

As soon as we got to the house she walked into the sitting room where my mum sat , I followed her in and produced the flowers (Which she thought was just a gift cause we were going out 5 years ) . I then presented a little box wrapped in a ribbon and proposed !!

She was shocked

But delighted and said yes of course , my mother didn't know what was going on !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I'm really happy for you, but...

...but you proposed in front of your mother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Definately some mother issues.

But congrats even so!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Like I said it was Plan B .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

It was all down to the birthday suit suggestion I'd say.

*grin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Congrats!
    Delighted that you did it in your own (very) special way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Proposing in front of your mother is grand as long as you don't look over after and say "er, that's all right mum, yeah?":D

Nice one, tinofapples - I wish you both well.

Advertisement