Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

weird Sh*t!

Options
  • 13-11-2003 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Was just quoted 2602 for 1st time insurance (3rd PF&T) for a 24year old with a 1.2 corsa

last month was quoted 3602! this is with Quinn-direct by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Yeah theres something wierd going on...

Guy in work here, just got quoted 2100 for a 1.1 punto.

hes 21? full licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Whats weird about thse prices? Did you expect some logic to the prices?

You can't spell logical out of ireland :)

Just it sounded bloody cheap to me!

especially when I see what is coming out of my a/c every month.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

€3500 for Ford Fiesta 1.3
    20 years old full license, with quinn direct

dont consider that cheap at all!

A relative from america was home during the year and his son was driving a 5litre pick up truck and was paying $1000, he's only 21 and he thought that was expensive!

gettin really fed up with this country and its draconian rules and laws and astronimical prices for everything!

any other country and there'd be a rebellion against such a corrupt and inapt goverment.

draffodx,

Oh I hear ye, they aren't cheap, but compared to the usual Ireland Insurance prices they seem to be?

My first insurance when I was 20 -provisional, no NCB. on a 1.2 Clio was £3400 punts (3rd PF&T). that was in 2000.

Now my insurance (23, 3 years NCB, Full Licence) for a 1.4 Golf is €2600 (3rd PF&T)

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

they are cheap for Ireland

two months ago my friend got his insurance with Quinn-Direct for 3350(Third party) he is in the exact same position as me (6 months older) ... I was quoted just under 900 euro cheaper

AXA quoted me 3500 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

last year I payed 4609 for TPFT on a 1.4 focus. this year its down to 2400 (22 yrs old)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by shurl

Now my insurance (23, 3 years NCB, Full Licence) for a 1.4 Golf is €2600 (3rd PF&T)

I paid almost exactly the same as that last year (same details too), this year it went down to under €1200.

There's light at the end of the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

still would love to be able to afford to drive a big 5litre pickup, oh the joys it would hold lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

you'd never be able to afford to keep it in fuel in this country!

• Advertisement
Advertisement