Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ellison 9, Conscience of the King, Wallmark and more...

Options
  • 13-11-2003 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

ELLISON 9 (formerly Derrick Devine and the Good Ship)
    CONSCIENCE OF THE KING (formerly the 66 electric)
    WALLMARK (not formerly anything as far as i know)

play

TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE
    SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMBER

TIME: 8PM TIL LATE
    ADM: 10 euro/8 euro (with conc.)

also playing (in the side room):

THE LAST SOUND
    SPECTAC

more info soon....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Why is everyone changing their godamn names!! It's so confusing. Alphastates, Juno Falls, Ellison 9, Kings of Conscience....were once Babelfish, Blotooth, Derrick Devine and 66 electric. Goodness me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

we should change our name, what with every other band in the world called polar, but we're hardcore (ie. stooopid)

still this looks like a sweeeet gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

well, amongst other reasons we changed ours cos our sound has changed a bit (all electric, less folky more rawk) and as well as that it felt weird getting up on stage n saying 'hello we're derrick devine' when we've got such a fat band (there's eight of us)!

as for 66 e, they are always copying us - i think that's why they changed theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Here's the plan: Run out of Whelan's the second Fairuza are off stage, get in a taxi and break the speed of light in driving to the Music Centre.

If I keep telling myself it'll work...........

Yea, those crazy 66e lads really got ya there with that name changing copying lark didn't they Derrick?! Mad lot.

See ya there,
    that's presuming my plan'll work.....

xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Well the name change thing was really just something that had to be done..

people just couldn't get our old name right no-matter how many times we'd tell them we weren't the electric 6 or the electric 66.

We thought of just shortening it to 66e but then we thought that sounded like a free dance party with lots of free drugs so here we are...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

No matter what the names are, looks like a really great gig. Wallmark and the artists formaly known as the 66e have been very good every time i've seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Basically we have the venue until 2.30am on the night so if you want to see a great gig and check out some decent indie/alternative sounds and visuals afterwards come on down.

If you're sick of the same Whelan's tunes played in the same Whelan's order you're in for a treat.

Also iris will be running a comp for five pairs of tickets in the next couple of days so look for that.

hey some more info on this for y'all. please note the wee change (i.e. 66 e). cheers der.

ELLISON 9 (formerly Derrick Devine and the Good Ship)
    66E (formerly the 66 electric)
    WALLMARK

play

TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE
    SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMBER
    TIME: 8PM TIL LATE
    ADM: 10 euro/8 euro (with conc.)

also

electronica (in the side room) with :

THE LAST SOUND
    SPECTAC

Ellison 9

Formerly singer-songwriter Derrick Devine and his band, Ellison 9 are an eight piece rock band based in Dublin.

Fronted by Devine on lead vocals with Sorcha Brennan on backing vocals, their sound has been compared to the likes of Sparklehorse, Calexico, Deus and Elliott Smith. Dark, intelligent lyrics are backed up by drums, bass, keyboards, off-kilter guitar lines, distorted violin and the occasional perfectly weighted blast from an orchestral trumpet.

The band are presently in the midst of recording their debut E.P. ‘New Skin’ which is set for release at the beginning of 2004.

'One to watch...' Hot Press

'In a country awash with singer-songwriters, Derrick Devine is right up there with the best of them...’ www.eclectichoney.com

66e

Dublin 4-piece, 66e (formerly 66 electric) released their debut E.P. ‘I died in a movie’ in late 2002. Phantom FM listeners voted one of the songs from this E.P. - ‘Brown Bear’- one of their top 20 songs of that year. Their debut album ‘Fall down 7 times, Stand up 8’ is due out in March 2004 while new single ‘Scrambled Pictures’ is set for release before the end of 2003.

‘…as current and as relevant as it gets…’ Hot Press

Wallmark

Wallmark are a four piece rock band formed in the rainy back waters of Birr Co. Offaly in 1999, Along with supporting the likes of The Frames, Damien Rice, Shane McGowan, Turn and many other acts, Wallmark have been gathering large crowds at their own headline gigs around Dublin.

The lads released their debut studio release earlier this year and are currently working on new material for their first Album.

" A band to watch for the Future... " Cluas.com

Spectac

''Spectac's debut album 'Rabbid' (Front End Synthetics ) is an outlandish and frightening release by one of Ireland's leading electronica artists. It is the result of a year's personal quarantine at a secret castle/fortress location. Letting the illness run its course, and documenting it musically was a project that Spectac really wanted to sink his teeth into. Rabbid is a flowing twelve-destination holiday that asserts this enigmatic producers ability to show you more of the scenery than any of his contemporaries.

''An album with its finger on your ass, but still polite enough to offer you tea."

the Last Sound

see www.thelastsound.com

Is that all the info you have... I'm still not sure.

Oops, never noticed the date change.
    Plan aborted, consider me there! :D
    xxx me

• Advertisement

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    Is that all the info you have... I'm still not sure.

there's just no pleasing some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

The 66e will also be on Icon this Sunday from 6pm for a chat and a listen to the new single 'Scrambled pictures'.

Oui.

Go to this gig people!!

look forward to hearin you's on sunday.

what the fúck is the story with the name though?
    make up your mind:D

they can't make up their mind cos it's all twisted and messed up from all the ecstasy they've been takin' lately. this gig will see the 66e lectric in full on rave mode.not to be missed... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Originally posted by polarbelly
    look forward to hearin you's on sunday.

what the fúck is the story with the name though?
    make up your mind:D

Officially we are now 66e (thats six six e, not sixty six e) it will remain that until we have another panic attack or something!

Come to the gig!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 illyad

ellison9 website now up and running. www.ellsion9.com

:)

thats a broken link shoud be

www.ellison9.com methinks, still though it aint coming up for me

yes polarbelly, that's it. www.ellison9.com

having a few tech probs with the site . should be sorted v.soon.

and miss illyad - learn to spill proparly will ya?:p

irismagazine.net have 5 pairs of tickets to this gig to give away.

see here to enter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Tonight Polar, tomorrow Berkely, Saturday night this gig. Who's with me?

I said who's ****ing with me???

Like all great trilogies, this just has to end tonight... seriously, my kidneys just aren't what they used to be.

cheers to all who helped with and showed up to this . a good time was had by all, non?

spoiltbrat - hair o the dog - it's the only answer.wag the tail don't let it wag you....:confused::p

Indeed a good night was had by all/me. Gig was great. Had a ball!
    Der, I've had one line of "Turbulence" (the only line I can remember) stuck in my head all evening!
    Fair play to ye all,
    xxx me

Advertisement