Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrices

Options
  • 13-11-2003 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, we covered Matrices last year but we're at them again this year. And this time they're more intensive. Does anyone have an suggestive reading? (books, or online sources). Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Go to http://ocw.mit.edu/ and check out Gilbert Strang's online lectures on Linear Algebra under the Mathematics section. If you have the bandwidth to view them, then the first 2 or 3 videos (I think, maybe more of them will be relevant to you) will be an excellent refresher. He's the only person I've ever seen cover more than one way of thinking about things like matrix multiplication.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A book that I still own ( and I'm in the fourth year of my PhD, and did linear algebra in first year) is "Elementary Linear Algebra" by Anton and Rorres.

Great book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Cheers lads, ecksor i got all the pdf's there, (relevant ones anyway) and i see the videos are in realplayer format, you don't happen to know anyone that has them in .avi mpg or wmv format do you? i'd like to watch them on my laptop on the train... :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

They're only in realplayer as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Alright, thanks anywho. I have alot of fun reading for this weekend :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement