Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorola MPx200 and GPRS settings

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, if you haven't done so already (as outlined in this sticky) you may have to contact Meteor Support on 1905 to ensure your account is set-up (provisioned) for GPRS Internet services (isp.mymeteor.ie)

then try this to set up the Internet/ISP account

(From Home screen)
    Programs
    Settings
    Data Connections
    Menu > Edit Connections

GPRS Connections
    Menu > Add

Description: Meteor ISP
    Connects to: The Internet
    Access point: isp.mymeteor.ie
    User name: my
    Password: isp
    Primary DNS: (leave blank)
    Secondary DNS: (leave blank)
    IP Address: (leave blank)

Press Done

On the Data Connections screen set:
    Internet Connection: Automatic (or set 'Meteor ISP' if you want to set this as default, but remember to switch back to Pass through connection for connecting via ActiveSync when required)

Press Done

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i'm having trouble with my MMS settings as well. i thought i had it all done right but when i try to send an MMS i get a message saying error in dialing

check you're set up for MMS on Meteor... page one of the thread lists the configuration, try inserting the specific Meteor details from the Operator Settings sticky and give it a shot

i put all the settings in and i had mms on my old phone so it should work???

mob wrote:
    i put all the settings in and i had mms on my old phone so it should work???

should do, had Meteor MMS working on my MS Smartphone before, can you list out what you have entered on your handset (taking the MMS 'template' from the previous post)

• Advertisement

sorry for not getting back sooner my internets been acting up the last week.

the mms settings on my phone are:

(text in brackets are other options availible)

profile: meteor mms
    MMSC: mms.meteor.ie
    Data Connections: meteor gprs wap (meteor isp/~wireless)
    gateway: WAP 1.0 Gateway (WAP 2.0 Gateway/None)
    IP Address: 010.085.085.085
    port: 9201
    encoding: Text Encoding (Binary Encoding)

i hope this helps i've tried different combinations of all these settings but nothing seems to work my internet still doesn't connect either

well MMSC is supposed to be: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    plus you have to make sure your MMS access point it set to mms.mymeteor.ie in the relevant place in connections

this is the post with the 'template' of the layout for the configuration i was suggesting you look at, rather than the one you put together above ;)

if your internet still doesn't work using the settings given you need to ensure you are configured for access to ISP GPRS by Meteor (and all the others WAP/MMS while you're at it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lescorks

Hi,
    I have a Motorola V220 which was originally an O2 phone, I now have a Vodafone sim card in it, it is unlocked however I cannot get the multimedia setting to work, no GPRS or Picture messages. Can anyone give me the correct settings as Vodafone will not.
    Les

Advertisement