Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamp for car... where to buy?

Options
  • 13-11-2003 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can buy a 'clamp' style lock for a car? in or around Dublin prefared. I seen them in Motorway in Blanchardstown but they were sold out when I decided to buy one. They are yellow metal bits that are pretty much the same as the dreaded street clamp

I want to clamp a clamping vehical :p and then run away at high velocity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

or you could park in a spot where your supposed to be clamped, clamp the four wheels of your car yourself, hey presto, they cant clamp you or think they already have, all they can do is tow you away but they wont be able to with the clamps on!!!!

all i need now is a car!
    :):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by ando
    I want to clamp a clamping vehical
    This probably counts as trespass / and or theft (unlawfully withholding another's goods) or somewhere in between. Make sure you don't get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

I think I might have a clamp at home... I may have given it to someone though... I'll have a look and see ... You'd have to travel to dundalk to pick it up though... I'll have a look... no promises...

but if I find it.. you have to post the picture of the clamped clamping vehical!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

oh my guys, you are a gullable lot

:p

I'm driving a van all day and my car is sitting at home on her own. I've already got an alarm and immobilizer... steering lock etc but I want to be sure that no-one tries anything so thats why I'm after one of these clamps. Anywho, I found that Motorway is out of stock but hopes to get some in this week... 135 smackers each :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

damm... I wanted to see the clamping vehical clamped...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Originally posted by ando
    I'm driving a van all day and my car is sitting at home on her own. I've already got an alarm and immobilizer... steering lock etc but I want to be sure that no-one tries anything so thats why I'm after one of these clamps.

You must live in a rough area!

not at all, I'm just paranoid as I've modified her a bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 P_Doddy

I doubt if a clamp will stop it from being stolen ........ a god angle grinder or gas torch would remove it for you if someone really wanted to steal it!!

Id say it could be better to put your money towards a GPS system so that ...god forbid ... if it does get stolen ... you'd be able to track it !!!

At least then you have some chance of getting it back!

Clamping a clampers vehicle ..... classic!!!

lol, would be hilarious to come across one of those vans clamped :D !!

How much do those GPS systems cost, any more info on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 P_Doddy

I haven't read too much into the GPS units but it has been suggested to me if you have modified a car or are driving an expensive one. The best money spent on a car is keeping it safe from thieves!!!

CEL in Tuam, Galway do something like this for freight companies and I think they do personal versions too. Take a look at <a href="http://www.celtrack.com/frameset_ie.html"&gt;http://www.celtrack.com/frameset_ie.html</a>.

Other Systems are available too. Take a look on the net somewhere and I'm sure you'll come up with other alternatives too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

put a fuel cutoff switch onto the car - even do multiple ones, and place them hidden all over the car - it won't go anywhere, and will cost you only a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Did anyone catch this on the news last week?
    _39342766_anglegrinderman3_203.jpg

"I may not be able to single-handedly and totally cast off the repressive shackles of a corrupt government - but I can cut off your wheel-clamps for you." :D:D:D I love it

Advertisement