Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource is NOT uncapped

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well said DaithiSurfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer

However i do reccommend that home users who got screwed take netfarce to the small claims court. You will win. AND Netfarce will have to explain themselves to the court. They'll get sick of this soon enough.

They wont show up if the court is any further away from their HQ than Howth. You are guaranteed to win. All for €8 and a natter with the clerk for 15 mins while you state your case.
    Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    'It doesn't matter what you pay us for, we can simply change anything we want whenever we want'.

In Inglés it means , "Terms and Conditions apply until we think they dont", that is indeed unenforceable but if it is written in legalese it impresses a lot of mugs.

In the end you did not get what you paid for, that is actionable.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I still think introducing the cap was perfectly acceptable. The network was taking a hammering, there was thread and thread on this forum with ppl complaining about it. If a certain policy is crippling the service for a lot of customers, it'd be stupid not to change it. You pay for the service month by month, if you're not happy with the changes they make to the service then you just stop paying for it.

No reasonable person would try to defend their actions in the fiasco that preceeded the cap though. Throttling ppl for breaking a usage policy that they hadn't come up with yet was absolutely ridiculous. As is continuing to describe the service as having 'no download limit' when it most certainly does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm not one to drag out an argument (pause for laughter) but just to stick two fingers up at the "yore all wAreZ and pr0n and peyerats junkie wh0rez" accusers, I've just finished downloading everything from this page. 370 megs, every one of them 100% legal. I've also been listening to a 96k Shoutcast stream most of the week, and last week I downloaded me a couple of firewall distros. Ain't I bad. Where's my pimp hat and feather?

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

This thread just got respectable, with a certain dahamsta declaring himself for the legal high-volume users (some who thought NS was for them).

As a prize, could we have a design competition for a Pimp's Hat & Feather to be presented to dahamsta before the Christmas, like? I suppose photoedits of others wearing such garb would be acceptable.

Well, he did ask!:D

http://members.aol.com/wyrek/CHAPTER1.HTM

Google is great!

Just edited in the link above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement